“I won't stay here again due to freeway traffic noise, bath towels that smell like smoke, and inconsistent room temp.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Washington State
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend for a baseball tournament. As my titled states, these were the 3 main problems I had, therefore won't be back. Check in is at 3:00. We got there at 3:45. I then requested a room on the opposite side of the freeway and was told that there were not any rooms available on that side of the hotel, so we had noisy freeway traffic during the day, of course, and most of the night (loud semi trucks especially). The next morning, the bath towels (not all of them, but some) smelled like stale smoke. Since this hotel isn't 100% smoke free (which I knew ahead of time and should have booked elsewhere), I'm sure all of the towels (smoking and non smoking rooms) are washed together. In my opinion, there is no way to really ever get that stale smoke smell out; including in the hallways and rooms. The 3rd issue is the inconsistent room temperature. We were all up in the middle of the night both nights, since the room was either too hot or too cold changing the switches from "low cool" to "fan only." The only plus to this hotel was the good breakfast which included cereal, yogurt, instant oatmeal, toast, pastries, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, juice, and coffee from 6am-9:30am. The hot tub was too hot and they had 2 pieces of exercise equipment inside of the hot tub/pool area. It was so muggy and hot I couldn't imagine working out in there. I am canceling my reservation for this coming weekends baseball tournament and will be booking for just a little extra money ($7.00 more/night) to stay a little farther away from where the tournament will be held at a 100% smoke free hotel not right off of the freeway. I guess I should have known better before booking this hotel. Live and learn!

Room Tip: Only stay in a room opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Alissa D
ComfortInnKelso, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
I would like to reassure everyone that smelly, smoky rooms are no longer an issue here. I has been a year since we started eliminating smoking rooms. It was a long, tedious process, but it is paying off. Along with renovations, such as carpeting, window dressings & lighting, we have had a long term process to clean up those former smoking rooms. I think you will agree!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

The beds are so hard the room smelled like cigarette smoke. The morning front desk older man was rude. They wouldn't put more breakfast out even though it was 15 min to breakfast end time. There is no sound proofing. It was an awful experience. We will never be back!

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank jeepjaunt

Travelers are raving about these Kelso hotels

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have stay in Quality Inns for several years and they were great. So I was terribly disappointed in the Inn at Three Rivers, Kelso Washington. It was noisy, next to I-5 (below the freeway), dirty, and unmaintained. I finally cleaned the bird crap (I'm talking big bird) off the window on the second day we were there because I could not stand to look at it anymore. The window tracking had not been cleaned for months, it had about 1/4 inch of dust in it: or was that ash from the original St. Helens eruption 30 years ago . Also, the window screens were shot full of holes and the shower curtain was precariously teetering overhead because its bracket were pulled out of the shower wall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank duck04
The Dalles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

The sheets felt like rough grade sandpaper. Normally, when there are two queen beds in a room, we only use one bed. After turning down the covers and climbing in, the sheets felt so rough we moved to the other bed. Not much better. Unacceptable for a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Murph57
Seattle, Washington, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We were in Kelso for a baseball tournament and stayed at this hotel for less than 24 hours. Jana checked us in and she was great.

Checked out of the hotel at 9:30a and realized in less than 30 mins of us checking out that we had left our Nikon D40 in the room. Went back to the hotel and the maid had already stripped our beds and the camera was missing. Nobody would admit to taking the camera after offering a nice reward. We do not recommend this hotel for the lack of integrity of its employees. The manager didn't feel the need to help us out in any way because if the maids find anythung that's left behind, their policy is to turn it in. He felt their policy was followed.

We'll be back in July for another tournament and we will not be staying at this hotel and we will not recommed it to other teams.

I also work for a major airline and will not be recommending any Comfort Inns to my traveling airline friends. They will no get their belongings back if they accidentally leave something behind. In my opinion terrible customer service.

• Stayed July 2010
5 Thank Nosaint44
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We selected the Comfort Inn because the day was running out, and it was convenient to our location (we were taking a side trip to Mt St Helens, and this was a good spot for that). The price was good, too. The place is clean, mostly well-kept, in a safe location. My daughter used the pool, which she enjoyed, while I used the exercise equipment (in the same room as the pool), which was adequate. The hot tub was out of service. The breakfast was fine, though nothing special.

My biggest complaint was that when I crawled into bed, I discovered that the sheets were all pilled and worn -- very rough! It was fairly disgusting imagining all of the thousands of feet that had scraped those feet before mine! So, if you choose to stay here, check out the sheets before retiring, or wear socks to bed!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CinziaOrchard
Gardiner Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

A great motel, very clean. Shower heads are adjustable but you have to have the water OFF to do it. Two queen beds even tho I only needed one. They have a great breakfast of waffles, hash browned potato's, scrambled eggs, pastry's and juices. My room was very clean. I was on the freeway side and once in a while a rumbling truck can be heard enough to wake me. Other than that, and the price being $20.00 higher than the Super 8 across the freeway, it was a good stay. Staff was great, and a huge pool room with exercise equipment and hot tub and pool indoors.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MontanaRider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 8 in Longview
BEST WESTERN Aladdin Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!