“Beautiful”

Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Loved how large the room was...I don't believe I have ever stayed in such a spacious room...enjoyed using the outdoor pool and sauna also...Best option for me is that I could get a lower price for the room which didn't include breakfast. I personally don't like the breakfasts offered in any hotel and I loved the option to save on the price of the room...Only recommendation I would offer is that the room had been newly redecorated but they used bedspreads rather than a comforter...I had to take it off the bed as I don't like to share that bedding item with others.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 245Quigley__

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This property is old. It is big and spacious and I am sure has some great stories. Big pillars throughout gives this a lodge feel. The rooms are spacious and clean but definitely dated. The old box TV's have to go. I was in town for business teaching a two day class on site. The staff were incredible and the conference room we used was excellent. Limited food on site as the restaurant only had a limited buffet/continental breakfast and was not open for dinner. The lounge was nice and the food in it was average. The lounge service was exceptional. The property is in a good location as it is close to the Mall and many restaurants. Very affordable rate! I paid $80 a night.

1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Red Lion in Kelso bringing customers, vendors and distribution together. The Staff was amazing. Friendly and attentive to all our needs. The food was great we had a BBQ buffet and the Confrence room was very well put together. The Hotel rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. 5 star

1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I hadn't seen an old box tv in years at a big property like this one. It was an antique and the room and the common areas were equally worn out and tired. I would have driven another 50 miles if I would have known.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Mary T, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review!! We appreciate all feedback, good or bad.
I have shared your comments with our management team. We hope to have new T. V. 's soon!! Again, thank you for taking the time to complete the review.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here so much that we joined the club and will be staying again tonight at another Red Lion location near the airport. The room is very clean with great shower. Yes the hotel isn't brand new but I didn't smell anything but fresh smells. Warming fireplace greets you in the front desk area with large comfortable chairs. Sports bar looked nice with several large TV's. we didn't have time to go there. Best of all, staff was very friendly and helpful. I really appreciated their hospitality. My husband will definitely stay here again on business when he comes in town.

Room Tip: We stayed in double queen and it was fine. Kings were all sold out.
1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

All said it's okay... I think it was updated in 1977. Comfortable beds that still have the old polyester bed spread that you don't want to touch. Stains on the furniture and carpet and a funky smell in the rooms. There is one outlet that is not near the bed and a TV I would have loved to have in 1987. The mattress in new and the sheets are clean... Stay away from the restaurant, unless you like bad service and less than appetizing food.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mary T, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all customer issues very seriously. I'm sorry to hear our lounge staff was not up to par and that there were some cleanliness issues. We have addressed those issues with the Department Heads, and I trust they will be corrected. We appreciate your business, and look forward to the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here in preparation for a job interview. It was clean and comfortable. Our reservation was for one night although we were staying in the Portland OR area for a couple more. We decided to move because of location and prefer a slightly newer hotel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Full breakfast bar was well stocked and fresh.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank humunuku01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Best Western Woodland Inn
Clatskanie River Inn
Clatskanie River Inn
#1 of 1 in Clatskanie

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview? Share your experiences!