“Always reliable”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Renton, Washington
“Always reliable”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a hotel that we often stay at on our way to Oregon. It is conveniently located and the rooms are always reliably clean. Sometimes they can be quite crowded because they have a big room that can be rented for conventions; but we have always had decent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JoleneMH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Seattle
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently scheduled a meeting at the conference center at this hotel. We had about 60 people attend. The food, staff and facility were great! Everyone enjoyed the meeting and said the food was delicious. The staff was so friendly and bent over backwards to make sure my meeting was a success. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! Ginny Whiffen and Alicia Pederson were the people that I dealt with to schedule everything. They were always available and had no problem with special requests, like Vegan meals.
Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Sparkymico
Sequim
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Maybe it was because the weather was frightful because it must have had something to do with the fact that everyone was super friendly! From the Hotel staff to the Food service staff to the hotel guests it was just Friendly!!! with smiles and even good conversation at the in house Pub. I received an extra large room with nice amenities (on a promo) and as it was a cold and frosty evening I dined in -at their pub. For a Monday night in the dead of winter it was lively and the service was excellent. The next morning as I waited for the frost to melt off of my vehicle I enjoyed a very nice breakfast, buffet style with potatoes, sausages, eggs, ham, plus all of the usual breakfast fare. I only had one complaint which I didn't mentiion to the front desk and that was heat /ac filters must be changed frequently to avoid that musty odor that comes into rooms or that or liberal use of air fresheners must be used.....other than that no complaints.

Room Tip: If you have a sensitive nose, bring your own air freshener, I have my own travel tin candles, or oth...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Sunny B
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the great review! The weather is horrible this time of the year, but we don’t allow it to dampen our spirits. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the lounge and breakfast in the morning too. As far as the musty smell we currently going through all the rooms and replacing the filters, so it shouldn’t be an issue in the future. Thanks again! I hope you have a wonderful day and we see you again very soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was easy to find and we had a great stay...Rooms were clean and the beds were awesome. Had a little issue with reservation, I had requested a 1st floor room, when I arrived, they did not have anymore rooms that I booked. I had to accept a smaller room or have my mother with a bad knee run up and down the stairs, because the do not have an elevator. The sports bar food was ok not great, but service was up to par...Overall, I would gladly stay again.... .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank HonestInjun12328
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I arrived tired and hungry after a long day on our two motorcycles. We were excited by the idea of prime rib as advertised on the sign out front but it was not to be. The sports bar in the hotel is a poor excuse for a restaurant. There aren't many tables, and all were full when we arrived. It was clear that a few had waited for some time for food, and others were waiting impatiently to pay. Other tables were occupied by people who were drinking beer and talking and watching the game on TV, as you'd expect people to be doing at a sports bar. We wound up walking down the street to Denny's for supper, and came back afterwards for a drink. Upon our arrival after dinner, there were only two or three tables occupied, but we had to work to attract the attention of a waitress, who must have forgotten our order until we walked up to the bar to remind her. The service wasn't poor; it was nonexistent. I must say, though, that when we finally did get our drinks they were good.

If your breakfast isn't included with the room, the breakfast buffet @ $7.95 isn't a good value. You're better off walking across the street to Shari's.

Of course, you don't come for the food, you come for the room, and that was quite satisfactory, though a bit noisy, being near the freeway. We slept pretty well, though, being very tired and a little drunk.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R M
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for the review. I want to apologize for the service you received upon arriving back from Denny’s. Our goal is to treat every guest with high levels of importance, which you clearly did not receive. Although I am happy you enjoyed the drink, it sounds like we have some areas that need extra training. Next time you’re in the area, ask for a room away from the freeway and the freeway noise will be nonexistent. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Travelers are raving about these Kelso hotels

Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been staying at this particular Red Lion since it was the independent Thunderbird Inn, through at least 3 changes of corporate management (Red Lion has had some 'growing pains').
The positive features of this particular property are the very spacious rooms, the double bathrooms with twin sinks, and the excellent sound-proofing. It has rapid freeway access for either a trip to Mt. St. Helens volcanic area, or the Portland-Seattle axis.
That said, the hotel has not had an upgrade in years, and the really great in-house restaurant closed 3 years ago. In inclement weather, it can be a little gloomy; the travelers who used to stay here, because it was the best hotel between Vancouver and Olympia have been siphoned of by 5 newer franchise motels in the Longview-Kelso area. Still, it is competitive, price-wise, and, as noted above, has really large, comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Ground-floor rooms 168-178 (even numbers only) are the most quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Kalamariverrat
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I came here on business and was put up in a suite, which was huge. The property looked gloomy and rundown, and the decor was outdated. The wifi service was spotty at best. No elevators, so be prepared to lug heavy bags up stairs. It's close to the highway, which was convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
Quality Inn & Suites
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 8 in Longview
Best Western Woodland Inn

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview? Share your experiences!