“Wine Bar a Bonus!”

Sip at the Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sip at the Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 164 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Federal Drive
Description: Welcoming. Sophisticated. Comfortable. Well balanced American cuisine that spotlights bold flavors & spectacular presentations. Pacific coast & global wine selection. Full bar service. Discover new tastes & linger on favorite ones
Oregon
“Wine Bar a Bonus!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went here during a recent trip to Issaquah. I was alone so I sat at the bar and order a flight of Pinot Noir wines. My server was Patrick and he was fantastic! Very well informed and friendly. I also had a bite to eat and it was very good as well. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited March 2014

Bellevue, WA
“We like the wine bar over the dining area”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been here several times over the past year, both for dinner and happy hour at the bar. Our two dinner visits were OK, but nothing to distinguish them. We have made about 4 visits to the wine bar, and find it provides better value, though still not cheap. The wine list is very extensive and presented on a mobile device, with updated inventory displayed. The happy hour food menu has changed over time, but we currently like the Ahi Poke with avocado and plantain chips. The cheese platter is also a good choice. (They will add another cheese, if you don't want the meat.) Half price bottle night makes for a very good time. The bar staff has been friendly, knowledgeable about their wine, and attentive.

• Visited March 2014
Issaquah WA
“Overpriced food codescending staff”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I should have checked menu before booking a table. Even though I used a discount option, the food was over priced. Staff pushed wine at our party. We don't drink. Staf made us feel like interlopers when we did not order a bottle. Person that seated us acted like they were doing us a favor. I live VERY close. I won't go back. I won't even meet neighbors there.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Ken C
Sammamish, Washington
“New Year's Eve prix fixee dinner”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Based on the special menu, I had high expectations. Although the restaurant was busy for a 5:30 seating, every course had a problem. The first course bisque was barely warm. The Wagyu beef was cooked to order, but was cold. The crème brulee was a soupy consistency under the hard shell. Was it the kitchen or the servers?

Although this has been my "go to" restaurant since it opened, the management turnover and chef changes in the past several months are making me reconsider my dining choices.

• Visited December 2013
Renton, Washington
“Delicious Food; Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Sip has creative food in an upscale atmosphere. The menu has recently changed a little (no more stuffed chicken) but the current offerings are very delicious. I had the ahi tuna done in a ginger chili sauce with julienned veggies. I'd order it again. My dining companions had the rib eye and were equally pleased. Good "Fire" and "Ice" blended wines from France. Lots of Scotch choices that thrilled the men in our party. Yummy pumpkin bread pudding (according to my companions) and light and fluffy creme brulee in four flavors. They also have gluten-free options marked on the menu, which I appreciate as I'm allergic to wheat). I'd dine here again when in Issaquah.

• Visited December 2013