“Salmon Days Festival Issaquah”

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Westminster, Canada
“Salmon Days Festival Issaquah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed for the Salmon Days Festival.. shuttle service was great!,,, nice place to stay if going to Issaquah! Don't forget your bathing suit for the pool and hot tub, as we did! We have stayed a few times in the past for Salmon Days festival and always great... hospitality room for the Sambassadors is always good and the dinners are well prepared and served in the banquet room! Fond memories!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the Salmon Days Festival. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Spokane Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Check-in was a speedy process; they seemed to know my name before I even told them. Of course, I was a late check-in and maybe the last one to check-in that evening. Beautiful lobby. Staff was friendly and courteous. Loved the Keurig machine in the room for coffee. Only negative was at the time I was there, part of the parking lot was under some kind of construction and I had to park a bit farther away than I was comfortable being a single female and my late arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We appreciate your great review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at this particular property a few times. Whenever I spent the weekend in Seattle, I would stay there and drive into the city. Very conveniently located right off of the freeway and only a short drive to Seattle proper. It's a very nice place. The good... The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Seriously. Also, it is very quiet and the whole location feels very safe. Checkin is very quick and easy. The restaurant is great, but a little on the high side, price-wise. Very good food and good service. The bad... The customer service. They're quick and efficient, but every employee I have dealt with has seemed to be pretentious. They definitely do not give off an air of welcoming warmth as they should. One of the few times I stayed there, the bedding smelled of body odor. I was quite displeased and could not sleep because of it (it was pretty bad) but they had someone come up and change the sheets relatively quickly. If asked if I will stay there agin, my answer is 'maybe'

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing south. The view is better, and you don't have the busy freeway, freeway...
Green Features: Pretty standard environmental consciousness. Re-use towels and such. Other than that, I didn't notice anything extraordinary.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brandon D
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize our hotel has not consistantly met your expectations. If there is anything we can do to turn the "maybe" into a "yes" I invite you to reach out to our hotel directly.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Really good HGI. Great sleep. Comfortable stay.
Breakfast was wonderful. Breakfast staff welcoming.
Most staff at hotel super friendly.
Self-laundry appreciated after long cross-country ($1 per wash/dry; clean area).
Large parking with ample room for 17' u-haul. Felt safe and secure.

If don't mind short commute into Seattle, Issaquah is good stay while visiting. Quaint little area. Very safe. Hotels much less than within Seattle.

Room- Great
Value- Really good (grabbed great rate; random though, much higher over following weeks)
Clean- Good
Breakfast- Excellent (especially with Honors perk); staff wonderful
Staff- Most encountered excellent
Parking- Very good (even for large vehicle)
Random- Good self-laundry

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was visiting relatives who lived in North Bend, Washington, just outside of Seattle. The Hilton Garden Inn Issaquah was 15 minutes from North Bend and 20 minutes from Seattle just off the I-90 expressway. The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat in the area. The hot breakfast served in the dining room had a very good selection of both hot and cold items, with the hot items prepared by the chef and brought to your table. The rooms were very quiet and the housekeeping staff were very considerate of my needs when trying to service the room. There is ample free parking and several restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely recommend and stay at this Hilton Garden Inn the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate your great review! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Let's get one thing out of the way: the accommodations are nice - they are a solid four star. They weren't perfect, but they were pretty good. At first, the bed seemed uncomfortable, but I realized it was probably memory foam and I slept better than I had in several nights.

That said, I won't return to this hotel. It started with the check-in experience. Check-in wasn't that bad, but there was a clear arrogance about him. I wrote it off, though, and moved on with life. After checking in, we went on with our plans for the night. I came back, unloaded the car and brought everything in. My hands were full. I went up to the elevator, got in and pushed my floor with something in my hand. I moved back in the elevator. One of the employees got on the elevator and said "three, please." My hands were full. I told him to push the button himself and may have added some other comments.

This is one of those "you had to be there" things. The thought of an employee at a fairly expensive hotel treating one of the guests like his own personal door man is ridiculous, though.

Then, it got worse. The next morning, at 8:30, I get a knock on the door from housekeeping. First, sure I'm up and even about ready to leave by then, but you shouldn't be knocking on doors at 8:30am. Second, why are you trying to clean the room of someone that is only staying one night before checking out? I don't bother putting out the "do not disturb" sign when I stay one night. I told her to wait to clean. I left about 15 minutes later with everything. The housekeeper told me to have a nice day and practically ran directly to my room. Why were they so desperate to find a room to clean?

There are a lot of hotels in this area and I will try one of them next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ralverde
Issaquah_Hilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that my staff came off anything but happy to have you stay with us. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of customer service. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will reconsider being our guest again – thank you for your review.
Newberg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed just one night when we were at the Snoqualmie Casino to see comedian Ron White (about 20 min drive). Quick check in with yummy complimentary scones and water. Clean room with the Hilton beds I love! Only issue was that the loud housekeeping staff woke us up when we were trying to sleep in on our day off. Hopefully the manager will have a chat with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from construction if you expect to sleep in on a weekday.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin B
I am sorry to hear that our staff woke you up. We will certainly be addressing this issue. Thank you for bringing to our attention. I am glad everything else was enjoyable. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
#16 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah? Share your experiences!