“Arrogant Staff” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Arrogant Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Let's get one thing out of the way: the accommodations are nice - they are a solid four star. They weren't perfect, but they were pretty good. At first, the bed seemed uncomfortable, but I realized it was probably memory foam and I slept better than I had in several nights.

That said, I won't return to this hotel. It started with the check-in experience. Check-in wasn't that bad, but there was a clear arrogance about him. I wrote it off, though, and moved on with life. After checking in, we went on with our plans for the night. I came back, unloaded the car and brought everything in. My hands were full. I went up to the elevator, got in and pushed my floor with something in my hand. I moved back in the elevator. One of the employees got on the elevator and said "three, please." My hands were full. I told him to push the button himself and may have added some other comments.

This is one of those "you had to be there" things. The thought of an employee at a fairly expensive hotel treating one of the guests like his own personal door man is ridiculous, though.

Then, it got worse. The next morning, at 8:30, I get a knock on the door from housekeeping. First, sure I'm up and even about ready to leave by then, but you shouldn't be knocking on doors at 8:30am. Second, why are you trying to clean the room of someone that is only staying one night before checking out? I don't bother putting out the "do not disturb" sign when I stay one night. I told her to wait to clean. I left about 15 minutes later with everything. The housekeeper told me to have a nice day and practically ran directly to my room. Why were they so desperate to find a room to clean?

There are a lot of hotels in this area and I will try one of them next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ralverde
Issaquah_Hilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that my staff came off anything but happy to have you stay with us. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of customer service. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will reconsider being our guest again – thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Newberg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed just one night when we were at the Snoqualmie Casino to see comedian Ron White (about 20 min drive). Quick check in with yummy complimentary scones and water. Clean room with the Hilton beds I love! Only issue was that the loud housekeeping staff woke us up when we were trying to sleep in on our day off. Hopefully the manager will have a chat with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from construction if you expect to sleep in on a weekday.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin B
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am sorry to hear that our staff woke you up. We will certainly be addressing this issue. Thank you for bringing to our attention. I am glad everything else was enjoyable. We hope to see you again.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Accomodations were nice. The queen beds seem more like a double or full size, but the room was immaculate. There was friendly staff to greet you. Wake up calls that were prompt and non-invasive. The free internet makes it a great spot for business but what's better is the print service, shoe polisher in the business center, and other resources to make your stay a breeze.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
We are glad you we able to enjoy many of our wonderful amenities. Thank you for your review! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Issaquagh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

It was a nice place. We needed a place to stay after a show that we saw at the Snoqualmie Casino. They don't have hotel rooms there, imagine that. So the closest place was at the Issaquagh Garden Inn. It is a beautiful hotel with all the good things and wonderful customer service, however, there was construction nearby and we woke to bulldozers and backhoes. Not fun, but it was not the Hotel's fault. I would have liked the Hotel better if it was in a more picturesque setting. It was sort of plucking into town. I know towns need hotels, but we had one of only four rooms with a balcony and we looked at a parking lot and a construction site. I was not going to write all of that, but your site would only take 250 words. So I had to add a bunch to what I was going to say.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you found our hotel "cozy." Thank you for sharing your experience.
Beulah, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was tucked off the main drag and looked peaceful with water falling in the rock pond over the boulders. The staff was welcoming during check-in and helpful during my stay. Tanya, the Asst Mgr, was very pleasant and informative. Donte, our waiter/server, in the dining room had a great sense of humor and delivered our food with a smile (grin) and made us feel "part of the family". The room was just what I needed after a flight across the country.

Room Tip: Away from the vending/ice machines and elevators is a good location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments about our staff. We are lucky to have such great team members! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great place to relax. Staff in all areas of the hotel were helpful and presented a very positive attitude. Clean and very presentable from the lobby to the restaurant to the hallways to the rooms. Food was great (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for the great comments and review!
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A fine place to stay on a business trip to Issaquah.
Our meal in the restaurant was tasty.
The room was comfortable, clean and large.
Enjoyed playing with the softness setting of my bed!
The gym is a bit small but has enough equipment for an adequate workout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We are glad you got to enjoy the great amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you for the good review! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
4.0 of 5 stars 1,129 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel
Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah? Share your experiences!