Let's get one thing out of the way: the accommodations are nice - they are a solid four star. They weren't perfect, but they were pretty good. At first, the bed seemed uncomfortable, but I realized it was probably memory foam and I slept better than I had in several nights.
That said, I won't return to this hotel. It started with the check-in experience. Check-in wasn't that bad, but there was a clear arrogance about him. I wrote it off, though, and moved on with life. After checking in, we went on with our plans for the night. I came back, unloaded the car and brought everything in. My hands were full. I went up to the elevator, got in and pushed my floor with something in my hand. I moved back in the elevator. One of the employees got on the elevator and said "three, please." My hands were full. I told him to push the button himself and may have added some other comments.
This is one of those "you had to be there" things. The thought of an employee at a fairly expensive hotel treating one of the guests like his own personal door man is ridiculous, though.
Then, it got worse. The next morning, at 8:30, I get a knock on the door from housekeeping. First, sure I'm up and even about ready to leave by then, but you shouldn't be knocking on doors at 8:30am. Second, why are you trying to clean the room of someone that is only staying one night before checking out? I don't bother putting out the "do not disturb" sign when I stay one night. I told her to wait to clean. I left about 15 minutes later with everything. The housekeeper told me to have a nice day and practically ran directly to my room. Why were they so desperate to find a room to clean?
There are a lot of hotels in this area and I will try one of them next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah hotel is conveniently located 15 miles east of Seattle on Interstate 90, in a beautiful setting where Lake Sammamish and the Cascade Mountains meet. This Hilton Garden Inn hotel is just minutes from Bellevue and the Eastgate corridor and is approximately one mile away from leading industries such as the Costco Corporate Headquarters, Siemens, Microsoft, OSI Systems Inc/Spacelabs, Boeing and Swedish Medical Center. Stay in our modern and spacious guest rooms and enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access, a 24-hour Business Center, and many other amenities. Swim laps in our indoor swimming pool or relax in the spa. Work out in the fitness center with cardio machines and weights, or borrow a Stay Fit Kit(R) from reception to keep fit in your own room. The Garden Grille & Bar serves a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast, and the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry provides microwave meals, snacks and drinks. Keep on top of work in the business center and host meetings in some of the hotel's 3,700 sq. ft. of flexible function space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Issaquah Hotel Issaquah
- Hilton Garden Inn Issaquah
- Hilton Issaquah
- Issaquah Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah Washington