“Best bed ever!”

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Liked: beds, flat screen tv
Disliked: service, tv selection

This hotel caters to business people. If your staying on a business trip, I'm sure it's great. However, we were staying for a little getaway from home. The service was poor, felt we were looked down upon in our comfy vacation clothes. Could not get my lap-top to accept thier internet service, but they do have 2 computers available for guests in the lobby. Just the regular channels on the tv with one HBO channel, no pay-per-view movies available. We ended up buying a cheap dvd player from the local walgreens to hook up to the tv to watch movies. The bed was wonderful! The bathroom was very small, you can sit on the toilet to put on your make-up.
Even though the room was clean and very comfy, I don't think I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 5, 2007

My husband and I stopped at this hotel around 10 pm on the way from Seatac airport very tired and without reservations. We were in transit to central WA to visit his family and were having a hard time finding a hotel under $100 that was decent. After stopping at at least 5 other hotels around the mall, we made our way to Issaquah. Though our rate was pretty high for a standard Hilton Garden Inn ($133), we were desperate (with a sleepy 1 year old!) and went ahead and booked. The hotel was nice and clean, which is what we were looking for, and they sent a crib right up to our room (a pack-n-play, actually). We'd also stopped by the Holiday Inn in Issaquah, but it looked kind of old and we wanted to make sure that we would not have a hard time getting to sleep! The rooms at the Hilton were very comfy, our room extremely clean, and we loved having a microwave in our room for warming our daughter's food and formula.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a clean, very comfortable place to stay. I would highly recommend a bit of preplanning and try to get a lower rate online beforehand, if possible. I'm from Florida and was really very surprised by how expensive this hotel was for the location that it was in (Issaquah is not exactly a tourist hotspot!).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2007

My husband and I were going to visit friends in North Bend and they told us that Issaquah was the nearest town with larger hotels. They suggested the Hilton Garden Inn, but after reading the reviews I wasn't too sure about booking. I am, however, very glad we did. Other reviews referenced the "thin walls" and being able to hear everything. I am a very light sleeper and hear just about everything. I am glad to report that we hear nothing in the hotel and only a car squealing its tires outside one morning. We were on the 4th floor so we had to chance to hear noises above us. The room was pretty standard, but nicely appointed. The microwave and fridge were in a nice cabinet with marble top. Flat screen tv had a large selections of cable channels (no pay-per-view movies). The room was very clean despite housekeeping missing our room the first day. It was cleaned the rest of our stay and cleaned well. The bathroom was nice with a great shower and great water pressure. We had the breakfast buffet one morning. The food was pretty typical for hotel buffets and was priced okay at $9:95/person. The workout room was small and offered the basics (treadmill-not suitable for running, a bike, an ellipical, free weights, a bench, an ab machine and a back extension machine). Didn't use the pool/hot tub. The pool looked nice, but small. The hot tub looked dirty. The two best things about the hotel were the staff and the beds. I typically want to get home to my own bed, but not this time. The linens and matress were so comfortable that I slept like I've NEVER slept before. Worth staying just for the bed!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2007

This is a newish "Inn" I believe it opened a few months prior to our stay. The parking isn't great (but decent if you are back by 8pm each night). The front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. The housekeeping staff was our only major complaint. They forgot to clean our room 3 of the 7 days that we stayed there. The gym had nice equipment, although it is a small space (there were 2 other people in there while I was working out and it was cramped). My kids loved the indoor pool. The restaurant located in the hotel had a nice breakfast buffet at a decent price. The location is very handy (off the 90 freeway). All in all a decent place for a decent price. It is nicely decorated with modern decor.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2007

SUMMARY: Has comfortable beds and is brand new. However, the parking quickly fills up, walls are thin, staff seems tired, and rooms in need of a few "finishing touches."

CHECK IN: We made reservations requesting the top floor and a quiet room. When we pulled into the hotel, we had a difficult time finding a place to park as there was a wedding being hosted at the hotel. Upon check-in, the tired receptionist put us on the 1st floor. Not wanting to be bothered by the wedding events late into the night, I asked to be moved to a higher floor. She then moved us to the 4th floor as originally requested.

THE ROOM: Once in the room, we closed the door and could hear the screams of children and conversations of others as they walked up and down the hallways. Once the families had left, things got much quieter. We opened the window and had a view of the car dealership and construction. The windows, however, did a great job of keeping out the noise. The room appeared asthetically pleasing with a white comforter and dark brown furniture. However, the furniture had a few food stains with a piece of food still stuck on the ottoman. A coffee maker with Tully's coffee, a mini fridge, and microwave were provided. The flatscreen TV was difficult to use and provided a tiny, squat picture. We opened the closet and found that the wall mount for the iron was unattached to the wall and sat next to the iron. The bed is self adjustable for firmess and provided for a wonderful night's sleep.

While the location, views, and soundproofing (walls and doors) are poor for the new building, it is probably the best place in Issaquah. To make it even better the hotel could provide a more energetic staff and complete the finishing touches to the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank TheQualityTime
Reviewed August 16, 2007

This is not a typical Hilton Garden Inn. Lobby and restaurant layout much nicer and larger. The restaurant isn't right on the lobby like most. Instead, you walk through the lobby and there is a spacious, more private space. Actually has a small but real bar and a little patio area. Rooms were more stylish than typical "flowered" look of most HGIs. Only downside in the room was the flat screen HD TV that distorted bodies -- everyone looked squat and wide. Good channel selection. Nice menu , including range of wine and beer choices. Staff seemed to extend themselves and very professional (again, more than some HGIs who seem to specialize in college students who could care less). Didn't do breakfast but there was a personable chef (as opposed to some of the sullen ones I've run into) and place was hopping. Had a decent salmon dinner -- not great, but ok. Numerous restaurants, shopping and services within a mile or so (not walkable distance though). All in all -- would definitely recommend this HGI and go back. Was told open for 4 months or so.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank ReviewerSonomaCounty
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I've stayed at the other major chain hotel in the area and decided to try this NEW hotel.
Although they have been open since mid-April, I arrived on May 10th to their Grand Opening Celebration.... suits and other formal wear were the norm and even though I was in jeans and a polo shirt, I was made to feel welcome and urged to participate in the festivities.
However, I decided to eat elsewhere for dinner.
The hotel offer free wired/wireless internet access.
The beds... this was by far the BEST bed I have EVER slept in. It's something called the GSS Sleep System.
The rooms also have a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, iron and ironing board.
If you haven't checked out a HDTV, now is your chance as each room has a HD 25 inch flat screen television.
Breakfast is available in the morning for $9.95 at the American Grill restaurant in the lobby. Cooked to order eggs, omelettes, pancakes, sausages, self made waffles, and a variety of fresh fruit, rolls, juices etc.

Stayed: May 2007
9  Thank dmills1956
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue
Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah? Share your experiences!