“Excellent Hotel/Excellent service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Hotel/Excellent service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here again for the third time for a business conference and it was a great experience as usual. All of the employees I encountered were very nice and willing to help in whatever way they could. It's been very frosty the last few days and they even had windshield scrapers at the front desk for those that didn't have them! The rooms are HUGE. They feel larger than any hotel I've ever been in. I've stayed at 5 and 4 star hotels and this one falls into that category. As usual, the rooms and hotel were very clean, the food was very good and the meeting room staff were especially helpful and responsive. My company always uses this hotel and we probably always will.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments. Your loyalty to our property is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in Dec. 2012/Jan. 2013. The room was huge, clean, comfortable. A little higher-priced than other HGIs I've stayed at, but great service. I was traveling with my disabled brother, so we reserved an accessible room. I was surprised that an "accessible" room would be such a long distance from the elevator; quite a hike for someone with a mobility impairment. Was also surprised to find a bathtub in an accessible room. There's no way a physically challenged person can get in and out of a tub. BUT, I asked the front desk if it was possible to get a shower chair. It was delivered to the room in minutes. Great customer service! Other small but nice touches like window scrapers and de-icer available at the front desk - and we needed it!
The dining room has a large menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is very good. So is the service.
Stayed here for about a week for a wedding a couple of years ago. The rehearsal dinner was here. The food was outstanding!
Staff could not be nicer!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel does offer accessible rooms with roll-in showers if that better suites your needs in the future. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a suite over Christmas. Our room was clean and adequately appointed, but I felt the room rate was expensive. I've stayed in much nicer rooms in Seattle for far less money but we needed to be in Issaquah, where the hotel options are limited. The location of this property is excellent, though. It's near the freeway, but far enough you don't hear it, and has many restaurant and shopping options near by.

I really enjoyed that our room had a balcony, refrigerator, microwave, free wireless and cable television that is similar to a home set up (with a program guide selection).

The bed could have been more comfortable (one of those adjustable air mattress that doesn't adjust that well), but otherwise I enjoyed my stay and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Issaquah_Hilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for brining the bed to our attention. I will have our maintenance staff double check the beds in the suites to make sure they are all working properly. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a very nice experience, but it is kind of pricey. Clean, quiet, very professional staff. Beds very comfortable, 200+ cable tv stations to choose from, refrigerator in room, coffee stand. Breakfast was not included and cost $12 per day. Food was very good. Bar in hotel is also very nice, again you pay a lot for the convenience. Free parking, very safe. Easy to find. Supermarket and target about half mile away. Next time for the same money or less I am going to stay 6 miles further toward Seattle on the freeway with suite rooms and free excellent breakfast. Everything was great, just expensive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Garden I... I, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad overall you enjoyed your stay. For your future stays, if your plans are definite, take advantage of our discounted advance purchase rates on our website. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel over a wedding weekend. It was the designated hotel for out of town family and friends. Wonderful xperience all-around. Fine value - great rooms, quality of bedding, toiletries, TV, internet - and excellent breakfast buffet. Fitness area was good, but quaint. Very accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants nearby and beautiful views of mountains. Easy access off interstate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you and your entire party for chosing us for the wedding group's lodging needs. I hope we see you again soon!
Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent two nights at this Hilton Garden while in town at a meeting. I was once again pleased with a stay at a Hilton Garden. This is becoming one of my favorite chains.

I had a pleasant and efficient check-in experience and hot cookies were waiting for me, a nice treat after driving several hours. My room was well laid out. The room was clean and comfortable. Good lighting, plenty of electrical outlets and a comfortable desk, which I used to do work on the second night. There was a flat screen tv, a large number of cable channels (sadly no NFL network),and a decently strong wireless signal. The bathroom was clean, well sized and the water pressure was good.

The first night I arrived about a half hour before the bar/restaurant closed. I was able to sit at the bar, order a good Pulled Pork sandwich and enjoy a drink. The bartender was very friendly and was interacting with several other people in the bar, even convinced several of us to try a Jack Daniels margarita she had made. Had such a good experience the first night decided to eat/drink there the next night (which also allowed me to watch the football game as well). There was a different bartender but she was also very friendly and efficient.

Overall my stay at this hotel was great and I would definitely stay here again if I am in town.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The bartenders thank you for your kind words. I hope we have you as our guest again very soon!
Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I enjoyed another good stay at this HGI. Nice service, despite a minor glitch in b'fast coupons. Clean and quiet, well-run and appealing.
I did not like the call to my room asking if I would rate the hotel 10 of 10 on a survey, and if not - why? I did not pick up and this call went to voicemail.
I make my own reviews when I want. I don't appreciate being prompted to rate or review a property and this was a turnoff.
Excellent hotel, I will return. I wanted to meet Brandon but he was managing another hotel. Next time?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that there was an issue with your breakfast coupon, but am happy to hear that we were able to correct it for you right away. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
#18 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah? Share your experiences!