“Not exactly the experience I had hoped for”

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2012

So I have a certain expectation of Hilton properties. I have stayed at plenty and this one was below the standards I expect from the Hilton chain. The guest room was adjacent to the guest laundry facility which is open 24 hrs - the noise was terrible. When I spoke to the front desk they offered to comp my breakfast and gave me earplugs - unbelievable! I packed up and headed down to the from desk where the night manager finally found me another room. Second day there were problems with the tv and it took about 2 hrs and 2 maintenance personnel to figure out the remotes and correct. The bedside lamp had a short in it and we were scared to touch it. We left Saturday night - a full day early. Disappointing!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robyn A
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. Noise can be an issue in rooms near common areas and I am glad to hear that we were able to find you a quieter space. I apologize for the issues encountered with the television and lamp in your room and have addressed them with our maintenance team. We will be sure to fix the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. When booking your next reservation, pleae call us direct so we can do something special for you.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is in a beautiful setting. It is relatively new, the employees appear to love their job and the property is well maintained. As a frequent traveler it is refreshing to experience this. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for all of the kind words. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we would be delighted to have you stay with us again soon. If there is ever anything we may do, please don't hesitate to call or write anytime.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The HGI in Issaquah, WA., has been a favorite of mine for several years. The staff is always displayed a high level of competence. They greet you and have never failed to provide full support for many details to support my stays. The restaurant's staff and cooks always provide an excellent meal. The breakfast buffet have many options and they almost always remember what I want ordered and very quick to allow me to eat before heading out for the days work. I almost exclusively do my meals in the hotel. They have ensured that I even had a take out fixed for me if my time was short. Excellent choices of evening cookie snacks are great. I love the entire staff and they are highly courteous and professional

Room Tip: Mid level rooms on east side are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Wow & Thank you! We take pride in our service and it means a lot to all of us being appreciated and acknowledged for all the hard work our staff does day in and day out. I will happily pass your reveiw along to everyone who assisted you during your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Please don't hesitate to call or write anytime if there is ever anything we may do for you.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I first visited Issaquah, Washington in 1956. There was, I think, only one motel. They've come a long way, Baby, in Issaquah! The town is beautiful, though extremely crowded at times. The Hilton Garden Inn is nicely situated at the end of a long and popular street with easy access to the main freeway and all activities in the Lake Sammamish area. It's a great place to stay and the staff was most friendly. We got into our room long before the 3:00pm check-in time.Tthe employee checking us in had a problem getting a Bellman to help with our luggage (they were extremely busy that day) so he left the desk and proceeded to assist with our bags! How cool is that? The room was fantastic. Stay there .. you'll love it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy our staff was able to meet your needs and we appreciate all of your kind words. Our goal is to not just meet your needs, but exceed all expectations. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel and I loved. The room were very nice and clean. The staff was very nice.

They offered free WIFI which was a nice perk. It was just average in bandwidth, a few drops but the price was right.

The restaurant was ok with standard American cuisine. Nothing special but filled the void. The pricing was reasonable.

I found the bar to be very pricey though. They offered several beers on tap but you paid for it.

I would stay here again without thinking about it.

• Stayed: August 2012
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for the lovely review. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to lodging and we are thrilled you chose us. Our staff appreciates seeing comments like yours and knowing all their hard work pays off. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Please call us direct to book your next reservation and I will personally assist you to ensure you get the best accomodations available.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel after we completed the Warrior Dash Mud Run. The hotel was easy to find, right off the freeway. When we arrived we were still somewhat dirty so they had a special station set up where participants could hose themselves off. It was nice touch for the hotel to provide this service for those of us in the area who had just completed the run. The check in was a smooth and easy process. The gal at the front desk was extremely friendly, attentive, and efficient. She was able to check us in our room a little early.

The lobby area is nice with a sitting area in front of a fireplace.

Once we arrived at our room, we found it to be spacious, clean, and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The rooms were well insulated so we didnt hear a lot of hall noise. The windows had shades that kept the room nice and dark for good sleep.

We did go down to the pool area to swim but the pool water was pretty cold. The pool area is indoor and is very small. I ended up sitting in the hot tub instead. I could see a nice little work out facility but didnt use it.

The only downfall to this hotel was that it did not offer a free continental breakfast. They had a breakfast bar which we thought was free and were getting ready to load up our plates when we saw a sign that said it cost money. I think it was 12.95 if I remember right. It did look extensive and had an omlette station.

Also, it would be nice if there was an ice machine at both ends of the hallways. Our room was very near the end of the hallway and the walk back to the ice machine is not a short one. I am in shape and dont mind exercise but some people may be irritated by this fact.

We ended up going out to breakfast at a local IHOP. The location of the hotel is close to many restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. It is very centrally located and near the freeway but not close enough to hear.

All told, if I was ever in the Issaquah area again, I would stay at this hotel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn is one of my favorite hotel brands. Like many hotels it was a little hard to find coming off the freeway. The first floor is open and looks huge and is made up of a lobby, bar and a large dining area. Our room was typical Garden Inn which means to me a large room, nice furniture, great bed and large bathroom. The room had a balcony with a decent view. I got this room and breakfast using a relatively small amount of cash and Hilton Honor points. Our stay at this hotel was completely satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again soon. Next time you will be coming, please call us direct and I will personally assist with your reservation to ensure you get the best accomodations available.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue
Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah? Share your experiences!