“Consistently Very Good, Some Dishes Excellent”

Noodle Boat Thai Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 164 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Thai
Carefree, Arizona
“Consistently Very Good, Some Dishes Excellent”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have been going to Noodle Boat for at least 15 years, and have found few Thai restaurants, among the dozens we have tried in Washington, Arizona and California, which are as consistently good. We do prefer certain dishes at other Thai restaurants, but Noodle Boat has relatively few rivals. Our favorite dish here is the Panang Curry, preferably with chicken, which is perfectly seasoned. This small restaurant is owned and operated by one family, and is set in a strip mall on Gilman Boulevard. It can get busy, but is worth the wait.

• Visited August 2012

Seattle, WA
“Prepare for a new favorite Thai restaurant: Noodle Boat”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant nestled at the edge of a strip mall in Issaquah that is making the finest Thai food in the Puget Sound Region. I discovered Noodle Boat after reading rave reviews in an Internet discussion board from local foodies who are experts in the cuisine of Thailand.

Flavors here are bold and complex. It is hard to pick a favorite but (so far) mine has been the "Whatever You called?" curry, with prawns. The ingredients include stir-fried peanut sauce with coconut milk, onion, carrot, peanut, pineapple, broccoli and water chestnut. I could be happy with nothing more than the curry liquid over rice. They have a huge menu so you can eat at Noodle Boat often and never run out of new things to try. Based on my experience, you can't go wrong at Noodle Boat.

Get there early so you don't have to wait for a table. And bring a good appetite.

• Visited July 2012
seattle
“OK place”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is place is an OK place. Nice setup of south east Asian theme. I did not enjoy the taste of the food that much. Food was too hot( chilly hot) for me to eat. It is not spicy hot. But I am a picky vegetarian.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank tastytung
Spokane, WA
“Very good Thai”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We always make it a point to stop here on our trips to Seattle. We were given the heads-up about this restaurant a couple of years ago while shopping at Trader Joe's across the freeway. Portions are generous and prices are very reasonable. Service has always been good. Can get busy at times but worth the wait. Does have alot of oriental knick-knacks all over the place. Is in a small strip mall. Easy on-off freeway. Can't wait to try some different dishes. They all look wonderful.

• Visited June 2012
Westchester, NY
“Great Tasting Thai that I frequent regulary, but the back needs to be de-cluttered”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've been traveling to Issaquah for work on a weekly basis (3 weeks out of the month) for the past year. Out of the 3-4 nights I stay, this is one of my regular eating spots for the week. The food is definitely flavorful.

Spicey-ness:
First off, I like my food really spicey. The first thing the waitress asks you is how spicey you would like your specific dish (mild, medium, hot). The hottest I've ordered is medium which I think is plenty plenty hot; enough for me to break a little sweat. Any hotter would be too much for me. If you are unsure, I suggest you order mild for starters.

Tom-Yum Soup:
I always order this soup when I visit. It is definitely one of the most (if not most) flavorful tom yum soup I've had. A lot of other Thai places I have gone to make this soup too watery. My favorite option is with the prawns. The seafood mix is a bit too fishy for my taste when it comes to this soup. My only gripe about this soup is that there is only one size to order, which is a bowl for 2-3 people. Since I eat by myself, this soup with a side of rice fills me up for dinner. I just wish there was a smaller cup size, so I can try other dishes.

Pad Thai
When I go to a Thai restaurant, I usually order this at least once. It is one of those typical Thai dishes and I usually use it to compare to other restaurants. The Pad Thai is definitely more flavorful than other restaurants I've visited. It is also more on the wet side, which I think is the reason why it has a lot of flavor.

For appetizers, I have ordered the chicken satay which is very tasty. It comes with a side of peanut sauce. Other dishes I've tried are the chicken curry which were also good. So in general, all the dishes I have tried are really good and think you will not be disappointed. I've only eaten at this place on the typical slow days (Mon, Tue, Wed) and there are always people eating, which is always a good sign. I can only assume it would be packed Fri-Sun nights.

The not so good/could use some improvement:
- Bathroom need to be remodel, at the very least it needs a fresh coat of paint. It might be a deal breaker for folks, but for me the food is too good to pass up.
- Big LCD TV in the back of restaurant with gramps watching TV with wireless headsets. LOL, OK it is a family restaurant, but the back looks borderline living room/den. I suggest at least put a room divider so it is not totally visible from the seating area
- As you walk to the bathroom, there is just too much clutter which I think needs to be organized.

• Visited June 2012