“Very good Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Spokane, WA
“Very good Thai”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We always make it a point to stop here on our trips to Seattle. We were given the heads-up about this restaurant a couple of years ago while shopping at Trader Joe's across the freeway. Portions are generous and prices are very reasonable. Service has always been good. Can get busy at times but worth the wait. Does have alot of oriental knick-knacks all over the place. Is in a small strip mall. Easy on-off freeway. Can't wait to try some different dishes. They all look wonderful.

• Visited June 2012

Westchester, NY
“Great Tasting Thai that I frequent regulary, but the back needs to be de-cluttered”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've been traveling to Issaquah for work on a weekly basis (3 weeks out of the month) for the past year. Out of the 3-4 nights I stay, this is one of my regular eating spots for the week. The food is definitely flavorful.

Spicey-ness:
First off, I like my food really spicey. The first thing the waitress asks you is how spicey you would like your specific dish (mild, medium, hot). The hottest I've ordered is medium which I think is plenty plenty hot; enough for me to break a little sweat. Any hotter would be too much for me. If you are unsure, I suggest you order mild for starters.

Tom-Yum Soup:
I always order this soup when I visit. It is definitely one of the most (if not most) flavorful tom yum soup I've had. A lot of other Thai places I have gone to make this soup too watery. My favorite option is with the prawns. The seafood mix is a bit too fishy for my taste when it comes to this soup. My only gripe about this soup is that there is only one size to order, which is a bowl for 2-3 people. Since I eat by myself, this soup with a side of rice fills me up for dinner. I just wish there was a smaller cup size, so I can try other dishes.

Pad Thai
When I go to a Thai restaurant, I usually order this at least once. It is one of those typical Thai dishes and I usually use it to compare to other restaurants. The Pad Thai is definitely more flavorful than other restaurants I've visited. It is also more on the wet side, which I think is the reason why it has a lot of flavor.

For appetizers, I have ordered the chicken satay which is very tasty. It comes with a side of peanut sauce. Other dishes I've tried are the chicken curry which were also good. So in general, all the dishes I have tried are really good and think you will not be disappointed. I've only eaten at this place on the typical slow days (Mon, Tue, Wed) and there are always people eating, which is always a good sign. I can only assume it would be packed Fri-Sun nights.

The not so good/could use some improvement:
- Bathroom need to be remodel, at the very least it needs a fresh coat of paint. It might be a deal breaker for folks, but for me the food is too good to pass up.
- Big LCD TV in the back of restaurant with gramps watching TV with wireless headsets. LOL, OK it is a family restaurant, but the back looks borderline living room/den. I suggest at least put a room divider so it is not totally visible from the seating area
- As you walk to the bathroom, there is just too much clutter which I think needs to be organized.

• Visited June 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Best in issaquah”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Kinda funky, but it's about the food. This one has the favors your looking for so venture out and try some new items. We love the "King of garlic" and many of the curried items. Sometime closed for weeks while family returns to Thailand so call ahead. The food is best upon their return when family is re-energized from trip home.

Visited March 2012
Seattle, WA
“The real deal”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is real Thai food. There are a lot of good Thai places in the Seattle area, but this is one of the best. This is a family owned place, and they have a great menu with tons of choices. This place is kind of hidden but always busy...all the locals know about it. If you like Thai food, you need to go here for lunch or dinner.

• Visited December 2011
Seattle
“Best Thai in the Seattle area”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I love Thai food. REAL Thai. Spicy Thai. You ask for 3 stars at The Noodle Boat and its Thai 3 stars not some watered down American version. While I have eaten A LOT of Thai food, I have never been to Thailand. A client of mine is in Thailand often and he says "The food is the most authentic I have ever outside of Thailand". Its fresh, its creative and the atmosphere is comfortable. I have four favorite Thai restaurants in the PNW. One in Port Angeles, One in Ballard and one in West Seattle, but The Noodle Boat tops the list.

• Visited October 2011