“even a pescetarian loves this place!”
Review of JaK's Grill

JaK's Grill
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Bellevue, Washington
“even a pescetarian loves this place!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I go here with my Husband who loves steak and I love sea food. It works out well. Plus the service has always been good. Great Brunch too!

• Visited April 2012

Maple Vallley, WA
“went downhill fast”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place has fallen far. The vaunted happy hour has become almost a fight with people lining up outside the place for 20+ minutes prior. We went in 3 minutes after they opened and the entire bar was filled up except for 3 spaces which some nasty woman was trying to save for people who hadn't got there yet. When we complained to the server she wouldn't do anything she told us to just take the seats but the nasty woman was getting violent and the incompetent server was just standing there staring.

When we finally did eat we got very sick off of the Jak's burger. My guess is they didn't cook it enough and/or they use that pink slime in their ground beef. Avoid this place.

• Visited July 2012
6 Thank SeattleKC
North Bend
“Jak's used to be great...”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We used to love this place. With regards to quality and price, it was the perfect balance between Morton’s/The Met, and the Outback. It was worth the wait (often up to 1.5 hours), and putting up with the noise level. It is very loud. Unfortunately, over the last year it seems the quality has gone down a lot. I absolutely love a good steak, and I've been disappointed each time I've been there in the last year. I am not saying the steaks are bad, they aren't, they just aren't great, and for the price, the wait, and the noise, I want an awesome steak. I won't go back for the steaks, but I will go back for their burger (at lunch when there is no wait). The burgers are still top notch.

They don't take reservations, the place is very loud, it is fairly expensive (easy to spend $100 - $150 for 2 people, and the steaks are just average these days... In my books, not much to recommend Jak's any more - and that is unfortunate.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Heidimoe
Seattle, Washington
“Pretty pricey, but good steaks”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Parking is rough. Service is good. Food is nice, but seemed quite pricey. I guess in Seattle it's what you'd expect, but not in the suburbs. We enjoyed our steak dinner and martinis, but with so many other options on Gilman Blvd, we might not hurry back. If you don't have a huge appetite, considering sharing an entree and salad. Maybe ordering a couple sides.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tara J
Gorgeous North Idaho
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We waited 1 entire year to get into JaK's Grill. When we were visiting the first time and heard about it they were closed because of a Salmon Festival. So we went back the next year and they were open. We waited and waited about an hour to get a table. Our waitress was FAR too busy to be pestered with questions. I have dietary restrictions so I need to know whats in some foods or how they are prepared. I was trying to decide between 2 menu items but she couldn't give me the time of day. Very hurried, very rushed, very anxious making our dining experience horrible. The food came and it was nothing to write home about. We weren't impressed it the flavors or presentation or anything. Which left us asking ourselves, "why is this the place to be"? We don't get it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank sunnysnowflake

Been to JaK's Grill? Share your experiences!