“Jak's used to be great...”
Review of JaK's Grill

JaK's Grill
Ranked #2 of 167 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We used to love this place. With regards to quality and price, it was the perfect balance between Morton’s/The Met, and the Outback. It was worth the wait (often up to 1.5 hours), and putting up with the noise level. It is very loud. Unfortunately, over the last year it seems the quality has gone down a lot. I absolutely love a good steak, and I've been disappointed each time I've been there in the last year. I am not saying the steaks are bad, they aren't, they just aren't great, and for the price, the wait, and the noise, I want an awesome steak. I won't go back for the steaks, but I will go back for their burger (at lunch when there is no wait). The burgers are still top notch.

They don't take reservations, the place is very loud, it is fairly expensive (easy to spend $100 - $150 for 2 people, and the steaks are just average these days... In my books, not much to recommend Jak's any more - and that is unfortunate.

2  Thank Heidimoe
There are newer reviews for JaK's Grill

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Parking is rough. Service is good. Food is nice, but seemed quite pricey. I guess in Seattle it's what you'd expect, but not in the suburbs. We enjoyed our steak dinner and martinis, but with so many other options on Gilman Blvd, we might not hurry back. If you don't have a huge appetite, considering sharing an entree and salad. Maybe ordering a couple sides.

1  Thank Tara J
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We waited 1 entire year to get into JaK's Grill. When we were visiting the first time and heard about it they were closed because of a Salmon Festival. So we went back the next year and they were open. We waited and waited about an hour to get a table. Our waitress was FAR too busy to be pestered with questions. I have dietary restrictions so I need to know whats in some foods or how they are prepared. I was trying to decide between 2 menu items but she couldn't give me the time of day. Very hurried, very rushed, very anxious making our dining experience horrible. The food came and it was nothing to write home about. We weren't impressed it the flavors or presentation or anything. Which left us asking ourselves, "why is this the place to be"? We don't get it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank sunnysnowflake
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I come to Seattle a couple times a year and always make the drive out to Issaquah. Trust me, it is worth it. The steaks, seafood and service are all impeccable. Awesome happy hour from 4-5.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Best steak anywhere in Seattle. Best value for the food you get! Nice, no nonsense, no slobbery service hunting for a good tip. One of the best martinis on the East side and an all around fun place to eat.

Been to JaK's Grill? Share your experiences!