“Overall good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tantalus Restaurant

The Tantalus Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tantalus Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 163 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Issaquah's Gilman Village Shopping Center
San Francisco, California
“Overall good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Overall good dinning experience. My friend and I shared a couple appetizers including their famous saganaki (grilled goat cheese). Greek beer was surprisingly good - light and smooth.

Service was good and friendly.

Price is good two: two salads, two appetizers, two desserts and one beer for less than $50.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Seattle, Washington
“Great food... attentive staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I popped in recently with my mother before we hit the Village Theater for a play. The service was prompt, and our food was very good. I had the chicken tzaziki pita sandwich and the flavors and serving size were perfect for lunch. The side vegetables were done to perfection as well - very tasty and so much better than a plate of fries. My mother ordered the pork dish (name escapes me). She really liked it as well, though the serving size was over the top for lunch. We took quite a bit of it home. There were a few other diners there at the same time, and I overheard two different couples raving about their food - they made a lot of customers quite happy. I was glad we were able to get in and out quickly, but it was really a shame there won't more people there. The interior atmosphere isn't anything to write home about, and that is the only thing I can come up with two not warrant five stars. I would happily go back!

• Visited February 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good Greek Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a very enjoyable experience dining at Tantalus. The food was excellent, and the service was superb. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. Saganaki was great, as was the Greek Salad..very fresh. All three entrees ordered by our party were very tasty, and portion sizes were generous. We would definitely go back and try some of the other enticing items on the menu!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Lamb chops from Costco”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Not a particularly Greek meal... plain grilled lamb chops from Costco with salad and veggies. Could have easily made that myself. The tzatziki had almost no cucumber in it and very little garlic, tasted more like plain yogurt from Costco. The staff was friendly though and the Greek wine was decent. The tables in the restaurant are much too close together despite plenty of room and the wooden chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

• Visited December 2012
“Dissappointing Meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been here in years past and had a great meal. Unfortunately, not this time.
Service was friendly, but incredibly slow. Seems they had three bus boys, who only cleared tables and just one waiter who was trying to do everything else.
I had the pork medalions which were overcooked and dry, almost tasteless. Dining mate had the moussaka which was also dry, crumbly, not at all good.
We love Greek food and were looking forward to the meal, but the experience was just not up to par.

• Visited October 2012