“A Little Hidden Gem”
Review of Max's World Cafe

Max's World Cafe
Ranked #22 of 170 Restaurants in Issaquah
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Handcrafted delicious food with no preservatives, made from scratch with premium quality ingredients !
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The little restaurant is a great find! Only six tables, including a bar/counter in front of the window and a table for four in the kitchen. Fabulous food! The friend artichoke salad is amazing! Best fish and chips outside of Vancouver, Canada (including malt vinegar)! Edna makes a fabulous sauce that she bottles for sale. We like the 'original', but she has a HOT version too. We love this little gem... They are closed on Mondays., Try to sit in the kitchen.. it's a kick!

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant with wonderful food. I had chicken and potatoes in puff pastry. My husband had a blackened chicken panini. Both meals were very tasty. Really enjoyed it.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

That it is rare, incredibly rare to find a business let alone a restaurant where past diners send in from all over the world hand written cards thanking Edna for the fantastic food and service she provides. My husband and I found Max's last month when we moved to Seattle and went in search of some great food for a Sunday lunch. Edna came out and spent time with us talking about what we liked and her different dishes and even made me a batch of Portuguese custards tarts from scratch when she found out I loved them (they're not on the menu)
The woman makes her own chorizo, for goodness sakes! Sure, if you're looking for flavourless greasy salty typical American burger food then maybe go find the previous reviewer's diner which must be close by for them to be so jealous, but go to Max's for great food and friendly service.

3  Thank April M
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Food and service were very mediocre. Too high a price for the quality they are providing. I was not impressed and have found many other small places in the area where the food, atmosphere and service are much better than this place. Not too many reviews on this site and being they all came in close to the same time frame, I wonder how many of them are real and how many are plants by the owner. We will not return there to eat again.

1  Thank TChambersChFC
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant and it is usually busy so bring your patience - but the wait is worth it! I believe that my family has tried almost everything on the menu at one time or another and has loved it all. It is a bit pricey for the kids but their favorites are the fish tacos and the cajun quinoa dish. My favorites are the chicken curry and the beef shortribs (and I don't normally like beef). Anyway, this is a must go if you are in the area - Chef Edna will make you feel welcome!

1  Thank benjer2