“Wonderful food!”
Review of Max's World Cafe

Max's World Cafe
Ranked #27 of 169 Restaurants in Issaquah
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Handcrafted delicious food with no preservatives, made from scratch with premium quality ingredients !
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant and it is usually busy so bring your patience - but the wait is worth it! I believe that my family has tried almost everything on the menu at one time or another and has loved it all. It is a bit pricey for the kids but their favorites are the fish tacos and the cajun quinoa dish. My favorites are the chicken curry and the beef shortribs (and I don't normally like beef). Anyway, this is a must go if you are in the area - Chef Edna will make you feel welcome!

1  Thank benjer2

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a hole in the wall in downtown Issaquah and easy to miss. you may think the menu is a little pricey at first glance but it is SO worth it. The food is soooo good. there are often specials each week and the dishes always have a slight, but not overwhelming, Indian influence. Try the pasty for an appetizer and some Portuguese wine as you banter with Etna and find out which amazing entree you should choose.

3  Thank eccentricity
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The place is tiny, I mean so tiny they actually have a table in the kitchen! Don't be fooled by its size or modest front, the food is fantastic. Unusual blends of Portuguese and Indian food. the meat is cooked perfectly.

3  Thank nnmartin
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I were visiting the area, had tickets for a play in Issaquah and wanted to have dinner close by before hand. Well he found Max's on the internet and we decided to try it. It was such a delight. Tiny, tiny space, we made reservations! The owner is the hostess/waitress/chef, so be patient and don't be in a hurry. You will be so happy if you can keep that frame of mind. We had made our reservations for 7 with a curtain time of 8 across the street. Traffic in town and parking was horrible when we got there so had to park 1/4 mile away. We were 10 minutes late to the restaurant. Even so our table was waiting. We told her we going to the play when we ordered so she kept us away from the chicken dish my husband wanted because it took 20 minutes to cook. We re adjusted, he had the pork tenderloin and I had the special of short ribs. Food came out quickly and it was amazing. Such flavor mixture, tender. I only ate half of mine and took the rest in a box, stuffed in my purse, to the play and then home! I can't wait to eat the left overs. We want to go back and try the fish tacos and really just about everything else on the menu. We eat out a lot and therefor appreciate food that is original and obviously made with love. That's what you will get a Max's. It's a must if you are anywhere close to Issaquah!

8  Thank luvspain57
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I visited Bothell for business and a colleague recommended this jem. We started with a Portuguese sausage, cheese, & pesto on French bread which was awesome. I had the African Portuguese Chicken which was seasoned to perfection. Another colleague had the lamb shank which was fall of the bone tender. Its a small restaurant cozy restaurant that seems to only be well known by the locals of Issaquah. Next time I'm in town I am definitely coming back!!

16  Thank Dutch_Tiger