“Great place for authentic Italian food”

Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Sammamish, Washington
“Great place for authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have enjoyed many Italian restaurants in the Puget Sound area and feel this is one of the best. From the antipasto course all the way to the desserts, everything was well prepared and served with grace and attention to detail. We had a wonderful bottle of Brunello that paired beautifully with all of the dishes that we selected. We will definately be back.

• Hebrew first
Sammamish, Washington
“Can't go often enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Montalcino Ristorante Italiano delivers on all counts.

After an antipasto of Bruschetta or Salumi E Formaggi, why is it that every time I order the gnocchi, it borders on perfection? My own family dreams of this signature dish, and now we order one to share as a side to our other favorites. I never tire of the risotto, in three variations. Usually moving on to the Pollo Di Montalcino or the Pollo Gorgonzola, I am reminded that truly half of the first courses are favorites, and the same with the second courses. I've had about 95% of the menu, all good. Whether a table for 1, 2, 3, or a large party, the staff helps us to enjoy our time, enough to plan the next visit.

Maybe someday I'll get around to trying out another Italian place, if Montalcino closes for vacation. Until then, for true Italian you know where I'll be!

1 Thank grappa1
Sammamish, WA
“Lunch became dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Out for a bike ride on an unusually sunny and warm Spring morning, my wife and I dropped in at Montalcino at their out-of-the-way location in Issaquah. Their menu and wine list were extensive. My wife's gnocchi with pesto and my rockfish, the day's special, were superb. We skipped dinner that night.

Bellevue, Washington
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have had the pleasure of eating at Montalcino's in Issaquah many times and can honestly state it is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Puget Sound area. The food is authentic Italian and is delicious. The wine is outstanding. Service was great and the owners make you feel welcomed. They have terrific Italian music performed several nights a week by a guy who sings Opera to Sinatra. Very entertaining and adds great ambiance to the experience. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gruvdrums
Milton, Washington
“excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My finance and I dined at this fine establishment last week. We decided to try their family wine which was a brunello and has had rave reviews. I must say it was very good, very full bodied. The food was the best I've had in a long time. We started off with a cesar and an heirloom caprese which were both very good. For dinner I had the sea bass dinner special which was to die for! I am a huge seafood fan and this was the best preparation of sea bass I've ever had. Even my fiance who doesn't like seafood tried it and liked it! She had the filet with a cognac mushroom sauce and she was in love. The filet was super juicy and the sauce was wonderful. After all that we didn't have any room for desert, but our server said their canolies were her favorite, so we thought we'd give them a shot. Glad we did! Ended up taking one of them home. They also served us a complimentary sampling of their desert wine which was slightly sweet and fizzy. Service was top notch throughout our entire night. We will definitely be dining here again.

• Visited April 2013