“Soar like a hawk”

Parafly Paragliding
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have always envied hawks that I see floating in circles above a mountainside. I’ve wished I could soar on the breezes like that. Then I heard about paragliding and decided to try it as a way to celebrate my 60th birthday with my two children. We had a fabulous time with Steve Wilson, Jeff and John on a beautiful clear day at Tiger Mt. We had 40 minutes of dipping and rising on the invisible bubbles of rising air, one time literally joining a hawk riding a thermal upwards. I am not a person who likes rollercoasters and all those crazy amusement park rides, but I wasn’t the least bit scared by paragliding. Jeff provided my son with a few more acrobatic maneuvers, while Steve gave me a comfortable ride. His reassuring confidence and explanations of what we experienced made it a thoroughly enjoyable time from start to finish. Steve was also patient in working with us on scheduling an appointment, taking into consideration the weather predictions to optimize our experience. Also, I was glad we hiked to the top – it’s a lovely trail through tall evergreen forest.

3  Thank Kathy F
"participants"
"knowledge"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I went on this for my 49th birthday and had a fantastic time. Sometimes you just need to go for it and trust in the fact that this is a well established safe flying experience. The pilots are skilled and the equipment is excellent. So go fly off the mountain and have an experience you will never forget. I thoroughly enjoyed Steve and all the pilots, a great group of guys. The video is amazing, the view was amazing this is can't miss fun and excitement.

2  Thank zpops
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went paragliding yesterday for my first time with Steven from Parafly Paragliding and it was amazing! So amazing in fact that I am going again this afternoon! Steven was a great instructor and he explained everything very well. I learned more than I could have imagined. Steven is undoubtedly a very experienced and knowledgeable pilot. I was a little nervous, but Steven’s instructions were clear and easy to follow. Once we were in the air I had no fears or doubts about the flight. It was actually very relaxing and scenic. Even if you’re a bit scared, give paragliding a shot and choose Steven from Parafly as your instructor! You won’t regret it!

2  Thank ChristinaKurtz
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Steve never let me feel nervous with his explanation for everything including how we stay afloat, what we can and cannot do, what ideal weather conditions are and most of all the expertise that comes with having done this for years!
One of Steve's students was doing his first solo flight along with us and Steve's concern, meticulousness, double and triple checking and making sure his student was on the ground safely before we left for our flight all made me feel I was in very capable hands. I would so do this again in a heartbeat with Steve!

2  Thank jaishn