“Love lighthouses”

North Head Lighthouse
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Ilwaco
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I love the lighthouses and this is one that I live nearby. Easy walk and beautiful views.

All reviews
"north head"
in 9 reviews
"bring a jacket"

Reviewed March 29, 2012

One of my favorite spots. Bring a camera! Some time they have tours and you can go up. Just know Washington parks require a parking pass or it's a big fine! : (

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I am glad we went when we did because now it costs $10 just to walk in there. Guess we won't be going back. The Washington Sate Parks apparently want to make a quick buck. I heard money wasn't coming is as fast as they hoped. Duh. We who don't live in the area are not going to pay $30 for a year's pass when we may not be back that soon. We are sure not paying $10 a day. Sorry!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

What a view! The ocean was wild! There is a short trail to a platform that overlooks the ocean.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My friends and i have come to the Northhead lighthouse for 10 years. It is a beautiful peaceful place. One I cherish and look forward to. This year, we were confused by the pay sign. After looking, at 4:30pm we realized that the lighhouse and gift shop were closed, and there was a sign saying it closed at 3pm. Thats fine, so we thought we didn't need to pay because it was closed. After about a 30 minute walk of the grounds and view, we return to our car only to be handed a ticket from the park ranger for 99.00. We didn't pay the 10.00 because their sign said it was only open until 3 and the wording was not clear. It wasn't just us, there were 5 other cars and confused people who had the same thing. The state needs to figure this out.....because it was a huge disapointment for my friends and I to come back to. After talking to the ranger who was very rude, he said yes, it has been a new sign and a problem for 2 months. Incredible. Im fighting my ticket!!

Been to North Head Lighthouse? Share your experiences!