“Excellent restaurant in a small town!”
Review of Pelicano - CLOSED

Pelicano
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Local, fresh seafood. Classic and innovative cocktails. Great port view. Menu changes monthly to reflect current local catch & seasonal produce. Helpful, caring service from our wonderful staff. Everything we serve, including the bread and pastry, is made by hand in our kitchen.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a drive from Astoria, OR across the Columbia River to Washington State. (July 3, 2014) I thought we might find a good place to have dinner - we found a great place! This is a very small restaurant but also very good. Nice view as it is by a small marina. When we were seated I heard a lady telling her partner how good the crab cakes were. I tried the crab cake appetizer and it was delicious - large chunks of crab and very little breading! My wife ordered the Seafood Chowder for an entree, I ordered the Rockfish Filet. Both choices were great - the seafood was fresh tasting and excellent. The sauce and mushrooms with my filet were fabulous. I also have to say that the dessert I chose came close to being my favorite part of the dinner. I had the Walnut Meringue Ice Cream Sandwich - WOW! Very, very tasty! Of all the restaurants we visited on our seven day trip to the Oregon coast this was the best! Well worth the short drive from Astoria!

2  Thank 1Kokomo

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had dinner there last night and the results were mixed. My wife ordered the chef's selection, which was a four course meal for $41 and included a breaded oyster with pesto starter, shrimp salad, a small (4oz) salmon entree and a chocolate pudding dessert. She thought it was excellent; I felt it was okay but nothing to write home about considering the price.
I ordered a caesar salad and a rockfish entree and the chef committed the worse sin of all: the fish was overcooked and dry. To the credit of the restaurant, we were not charged for my $21 entree.
The bread was another mistake. It was a doughy, herb bread instead of the crusty style of bread that should accompany seafood.
The service and ambience were excellent with great views of the Ilwaco fishing port.
Considering the prices and our experience, we probably won't go back but this restaurant has the potential to be very good.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We made a reservation for four people for 5pm (when they open) on a Saturday and we got there early to get a good table. The food is very high-end for our little peninsula. Good quality drinks and the food is excellent. Get a table by the window and enjoy watching the sports fishermen bring in their catch at the marina. Servers never rush the meal and worth the cost. Relax and enjoy the meal. Be sure to share an appetizer and dessert.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food is always fresh and local with a new outstanding menu every month. Always fresh oysters, Salmon and other local seafood. Pelicano's also always has a fixed price four course dinner that is hard to beat at under $40. They also feature some of the best Dungenes Crab Cakes you will fine anywhere on the west cost.

Great wine list and outstanding service, just one great family owned bistro with great views at the Ilwaco port.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last Saturday we explored the quaint little town of Ilwaco. We enjoyed the Saturday Market, then Cape Disappointment State Park. Our nephew is a vendor at the market and we met him for dinner at Pelicano. The inside ambiance is beautiful and very clean. You have views of the marina and waterfront from all of the tables here.

I was all set to have the Salmon as an entree but when we got there, the menu offered a 4 course meal for $38 and the Salmon was included as the third course. First course was a delicious crab cake, followed by a fresh green salad, then the Salmon which was perfectly prepared and your choice of dessert. We chose the Chocolate Pot de Creme, which was delightful!

I highly recommend a visit to Pelicano when you are seeking out a fantastic meal while in the Ilwaco area. :)

1  Thank syrahgirl