“Great gem in an unlikely spot”
Review of Pelicano - CLOSED

Pelicano
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Local, fresh seafood. Classic and innovative cocktails. Great port view. Menu changes monthly to reflect current local catch & seasonal produce. Helpful, caring service from our wonderful staff. Everything we serve, including the bread and pastry, is made by hand in our kitchen.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I went to the Ilwaco/Long Beach for an overnight thsi past weekend and looked up restaurants. I found Pelicano and I am glad I did. It is right across from the boat harbor in Ilwaco. It is subtely lit, very nicely decorated, the tables are nicely set with nice stemware etc. The staff is extremely pleasant and professional. All of that was great but the food, chef and the kitchen staff are superb! For an appetizer I had a "small" crab cake. It was very generous and loaded with Dungeness crab with just the bare amount of binder to hold it toegther. It was excellent. I had the King salmon served on a bed of baby carrots and brazed cabbage. Whatever the sauce or spices the carrots and cabbage were cooked in was excellent. The salmon was cooked to perfection! It was moist, tender and not even the slighest bit overcooked and I am a stickler about overcooked and ruined fish. As a single diner, the wines by the glass were very nice and the price per glass and that of drinks was more than fair. It apparently has been open 5 years and I hope they continue to do well. While I could be wrong, for location, setting, value and excellent food, I doubt there is anything that rivals it in the area. I wish them well!

2  Thank fleur1969
There are newer reviews for Pelicano

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our second visit to Pelicano and it's hard to beleive but the second visit exceeded the first. They are a sparkling jewel on the tiny little marina at Ilwaco that is slightly off the beaten path but well worth the effort. Pelicano offers a fresh, local menu filled with the bounties of the season. We both had the Seafood Stew followed by Molten Chocolate topped with Seasalt. Both were to die for!!! All that plus a Margarita and a Laphroig Single Malt Scotch for about $60 (USD). We will go out of our way to dine there anytime we are within 50 miles.

2  Thank WalkingInWashington
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The innkeepers where we were staying in Long Beach made the reservations for us to dine here on our last night on the coast. Cute little restaurant with a view of the harbor. My husband had the Catalan Seafood Stew, with salmon, rockfish and shrimp. He enjoyed that very much. I had the Strozzapretia Pasta with Pizzaiola Sauce, basil and mozzerella. It was very good only a bit overloaded with onions. The Caesar Salad was delicious. Our servers were excellent. A definite must try if you are in the area.

2  Thank Nan_Sea777
Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a treat! Wonderful food in a beautiful setting. The oysters are to die for! We dine here when every time we are in the area and alway enjoy seeing what is new on the monthly menu.

1  Thank Relaxin_Seattle
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had dinner here on a recent evening while staying in Long Beach, WA. Both of our meals were excellent. The servers were very friendly and one even followed us out the door to thank us. They also did a great job of helping out each other which we did not see in some other places we ate at. I definitely recommend this restaurant. Make sure you make reservations as this place really filled up by 6:30 on a Monday.

1  Thank toy4cannon