101 Haciendas Motel
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
$79
Hotwire.com
Average 3/5
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$113
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Very Good 4/5
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
$110
$106
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Mike's comments: Gail(sp?) who owns the motel was as pleasant, accomodating and nice as could be. The room was not "Hilton" spectacular, but clean and homey...Beachy, as it were. What else does one need when enjoying the many sights and pleasures of the North Coast?

Shine's Comments: This motel is within walking distance of the Ilwaco Marina, Week-end open air market and the downtown restaurants/shops. It's a "sight see-ers" dream! Never the less, if you just feel like hanging out, Gail has a very large/comfy patio with a BBQ open to whomever would like to partake in it's use. She is a VERY friendly, laid back person that makes people want to come back for a visit over and over again...highly recommended!

Michael & Shine

Thanks Gale :-)

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street may be quieter, yet we had no problem being closest to the street. It's not perfect, but it's perfect enough. It has a coffee maker, fridge, TV, Microwave, and a COMFORTABLE bed. What more do you need?
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed in mid-September in Room #1 right on Hwy 101. The room was quiet until about 6 am. You might try a higher room number. Clean and comfortable, a real beach bargain at $55 including all taxes and fees. Away from Hwy 101 is a large covered outdoor seating area with two BBQ grills, dining table, sofa, armchairs and coffee table. We celebrated a birthday there, thoroughly enjoyable. About three blocks from the fascinating Ilwaco fishing docks and waterfront.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the farther away from Hwy 101, although the side street also gets busy about 6 am. If you sleep well with earplugs, don't forget to bring them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank R0adTripper66
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This small motel (maybe a dozen rooms?) resulted in a clean, quiet, trouble-free stay near the beaches of Washington and Oregon. Located very close to one of the Lewis and Clark Trail parks, this location is terrific. The bed was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the water was hot, and I had a kitchenette for some small meals.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The owner was rude, flaky, and frankly, weird. Since our room was next to the office, we spoke with other guests who had similar problems. Some examples:

-She (the owner) and a man we had not seen before walked in our room during our second day there WITHOUT KNOCKING FIRST. C'mon, anyone over four years old knows to knock first.
-Even though we made reservations, we arrived at 5 and our room was still not ready until 6 (check in time is at 4). We spoke with another party who also had reservations and arrived at 7 PM, and their room was also still not ready.
-She made a rude comment about to us about how we are raising our dog when we arrived.
-She is rarely present at the office, so you have to call her to check in. We spoke with another party who had made reservations, arrived at 5, and could not enter their room for a few hours because she did not return their calls.

I'm tempted to award only one star instead of two, but the bed was comfortable and our room, which included a kitchen, was clean and very reasonably priced. If your room is ready when you arrive, she happens to be present when you check in, and you have few encounters with her, you will probably enjoy your stay. Bring ear plugs--it can be noisy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kaweahkaweah
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My friends and I stayed here over July 4th, sooo excited that we found a place to stay at such a short notice. All of us were young adults and I had made that very clear to the lady when making reservations. I told her I understand if we are not old enough to stay. The lady was very rude and told me to call back later, so she could "think about it." So I called around to other places and everything was either booked or out of our price range. So I just decided to call her back later on that day and once again she was not all that nice. I told her we would treat her property with respect and not take advantage of the unit. She eventually agreed and told us to please treat her motel with respect. I gave her my credit card to hold the reservation, we were not checking in until a week after I made the reservation. I called her a day before check in date and she referred to me as "oh, YOU." What kind of service is that? I was appalled. I then told her that I was just checking on my reservations and wanted to know my room number again and all she said to me was "oh ya, okay." By that time I was very annoyed and irritated so I just told her I would see her tomorrow.

We live up by Mt. St. Helens so our drive was not that short. We left our area around 4:00pm. We arrived in Ilwaco around 6:30. Once we arrived my friend and I got out of the truck and let the boys go find a place to park since there was no parking lot to be found. This is when it allll began..THERE WAS NO OFFICE. The office was the laundry mat. The lady came out of one of the rooms and told us to follow her. We went up these stairs to what looked like another motel room, but as we were going up the stairs my friend got a very aggresive stiff arm to her chest! The lady had put her arm up in from of my friend and pushed her so she would not come to far in. THEN she put the ironing board down, THAT was the counter. The credit card machine was placed there and no sign of any cash register.

After we had checked in and paid in full we figured our room would have been ready..well she had not even started on it. She was in a DIFFERENT room that had NO ONE checking into it. By that time it was close to 7PM!!! Check in is at 4. When I had called about an hour upon arrival she had said our room was ready. We were very unhappy and she could tell that. At that point all we wanted to do was to drop our stuff off so we could go to dinner, that way she could have more time. Instead she did what I thought was very deserving, she gave us a different room. A room that we didn't even want, more then what we asked for, and right on the street. We wanted more privacy, something smaller, and that DID NOT HAVE PETS IN THE ROOM PREVIOUSLY. She put us in the room and did not charge us extra...would not have paid anyway. The housekeeping was terrible. Floors were not moped, not vaccumed, stove was sticky, sink was sticky, shower had hair in the bottom, the beds had stains on them, the room had a horrible odor of cigarette smoke, and there was a strong smell of pee. Now 2 of our guests smoke and I told her that when making reservations. She said absolutely NO smoking in her rooms and I told her there will be no smoking in the unit. But after going into that room, we thought it wouldnt make a difference if we did or not! We ended up going to the local grocery store and buying two candles to try and make the room smell cleaner. All four us didnt even take our socks off the whole stay, we were so grossed out.

This was my first road trip experience as an 18 year old and it was a huge learning experience. I myself have been working at a resort for a couple of years now, I started out as a housekeeper so I know how rooms should be cleaned. Let me just say if I had her working for our resort, she would needing to find some other place to work at. Not what any guests deserves to stay in.

A couple positive things about this stay: close to Long Beach, shower pressure was great, and the beds were somewhat comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple