“Please open one in Olympia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Jalapeno

El Jalapeno
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Hoquiam
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: 360-532-0609
Description: 360-532-0609
Olympia, Washington
“Please open one in Olympia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This little place is absolute perfection in authentic Mexican tacos. I have several favorite places around my hometown and this place topped them all!
I choose pollo (chicken), pastor (pork), and barbacoa (bbq) tacos, while my byf went for the carnita tacos. The meat was fresh, flavorful, seasoned well, and juicy. There is amazing sauces to top them and the house salsa was drag your chip around the bottom to get the last drop of it great!
The woman serving our meal was very pleasant, and she had our food out very quickly. I now need to start finding excuses to make a trip to Hoquim just so I can return to this taqueria!
For food that well done, but completely unassuming, you charge a lot more, but our bill was $15.
Excellent! Do yourself a favor and go to El Jalapeno! Yummmmmmm

• Visited September 2013

Tacoma, Washington
“Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Looking for dinner on our way home from a backpacking trip, we stopped at El Jalapeño. Tortillas made in-house rock and there are pickled veggies instead of chips. Great, authentic flavors. My wife, who grew up in California and lived for a time in Mexico, thought it was excellent. Never mind the lack of ambience. It's a basic, clean and tidy place where the food is the star. Now I have a good place to stop while traveling on 101.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jack D
Puyallup, Washington
“Excellent food, hole-in-the wall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The mister and I stopped after a trip to Ocean Shores. It had good reviews, so thought we'd give it a try. We love all types of Mexican food. It was easy to find. The restaurant itself was clean, but very dumpy. It could really use a makeover or at least a bright new paint job. Anyway, the food was wonderful! I had spicy pork soft tacos, and he had a chicken fajita burrito. Outstanding! Both our meals were very fresh and flavorful. They had mexican sodas. I'm not normally a fan of pepsi, but mexican pepsi (no corn syrup) is infinitely better than the US version. And the homemade salsas were fabulous. We tried the chipotle and a very spicy greenish one with a great flavor and a heat that gradually increased without overpowering. Prices very reasonable. Love it, love it, love it! We can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SnorkelKollie
Olympia, Washington
“Small Family Restuarant - Very Affoardable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great fresh food. Locally owned. Recommend to everyone looking for a wonderful meal. Very personable staff.

Visited March 2013
Montesano, Washington
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is really a gem. What a surprise to find very good Mexican food in this small Hoquiam restaurant. Best fish tacos we've had in years and the sopes are divine. The tamales taste like my mother made them. The food is beautifully and carefully prepared and the staff is helpful. Great prices for extraordinary food!

• Visited December 2012