“The Tides In Hoodsport”

Cuisines: American
Hoodsport, Washington
“The Tides In Hoodsport”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place has been in our community for a very long time and has improved greatly over the 12 years I have lived here.. They have GREAT fish & Chips ( cod) and good oysters. The menu is varied for any appetite. it is a small place so if hit all at once it can be slow for service but the locals will keep you entertained. If hungry when going by, don't hesitate to stop.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LoisB608

Parksville, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant is actually about 4 k'c north of Hoodsport . It was recommended by a local resident and we were not disappointed . We have eaten there several times on our semi-annual trip to Oregon and have had good food at all times , particularly the breakfasts and the clam chowder . D'ont be put off by the exterior .

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 691toadhall
LA, CA
“Casual Waterfront DIning”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ate lunch on the patio on a nice warm sunny day. The deck is right next to the canal. Nice view ! The Fish & Chips and service were good.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank beachman77
Alaska
“Keep on driving”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visit this restaurant about once a year while traveling to Port Townsend. We look forward to the fried oysters. We stopped Sunday, April 14 for lunch. The service was good. The food was not. The fries were not cooked hot enough and were greasy and soggy. The fried oysters were pale and gritty. My boyfriend crunched down hard enough on a rock or pearl that he thought he broke a tooth. He is not one to complain but I mentioned quietly to the server what had happened and that she might want to alert the kitchen that they needed to clean the oysters better. The cook came out and basically confronted him, he said she should go back to the kitchen. They comped the meal which we did not request. Perhaps the owner or kitchen staff has changed since our visit last year, but we'll not be back.

• Visited April 2013
Folsom, California
“good place for breakfast”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped for breakfast while driving north on Highway 101 to Port Townsend. Classic old-style diner with tables next to a window facing the Hood Canal. The breakfast menu included blueberry pancakes, so my wife was hooked. The pancake was huge and covered the entire plate. I believe I ordered the smoked salmon omelette but whatever I ordered, I liked. The waitress seemed a little overwhelmed by the morning crowd (combination of locals and people driving through Hoodsport on Highway 101). After asking if we needed anything else, she forgot to bring us what we requested. She also had to be reminded for coffee refills. Good place to stop for breakfast.

• Visited April 2013