“Beautiful ”

Whidbey Pies & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Greenbank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Whidbey Pies Cafe is located on a 100 year old farm in the middle of Whidbey Island Washington. We specialize in fruit pies we also have a full menu of savory pies, quiche, sandwiches, salads, soups, and seafood chowder.
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Located at Greenbank farm we had a lovely lunch outside at their picnic tables by the pond. Got to watch the geese and their goslings am have some yummy pie...their crust is out of this world. The flowers were lovely and we enjoyed our time here.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here with our son and his family during a one-day trip to Whidbey Island. We had a wonderful time. The cafe is part of the Greenbank Farm establishment and is locally famous for its pies. Its menu is basically geared for lunch with soups, sandwiches, salads, and quiche. Our waitress was very friendly. The food was great and the pies were wonderful. My wife and I visited the rest of Whidbey Island the next day and made it a point to return to the cafe.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped for a quick afternoon coffee after walking through the gardens and viewing the art in the adjoining buildings. When we saw the pies we decided to give them a try. Wow! They certainly know how to make a perfect crust! The salted caramel apple with a scoop of ice cream was heavenly - just the right balance of sweet and tart. We noticed the specials listed and saw some pretty amazing dishes served to other diners and decided to come back the next day on our way out of town. Wow again! The most delicious soup I have ever had! It was roasted tomato with buttery croutons and a little pesto on top. I am pretty sure I could have eaten a quart by myself! My husband had the tarragon chicken and a turkey melt that was made with real sliced roasted turkey (think Thanksgiving not deli meat) Havarti cheese and a homemade cranberry chutney both were amazing. Greenbank is a fun place to visit for an afternoon but make sure to allow time for lunch or at least a slice of pie.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to Greenbank Farms to visit their wine tasting shop as they carry wine from various WA wineries. After sampling some tasty wine, my friends (who were local to Whidbey) wanted to go next door the cafe to get some pie to go. Well, I'm not a big pie fan but they told me that I had to try a bite! Well, I'm glad they did. Amazing! I left with a slice of Triple Berry and Salted Caramel Apple Pie. As Rachael Ray would say - "Yummo!"

1  Thank Heidi C
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I have had their pies before which are exceptional but was surprised at the level of service and the true flavor of my soup and sandwich.

I had the roasted turkey panini with Tuscan bean and sausage soup.

The sandwich was like an orgasm for your mouth and the soup was hearty and warming.

This place also boasts an incredible atmosphere with private lake with friendly ducks and geese.

Highly recommended