“Fabulous comfort food all made from scratch”
Review of Duffy's Irish Pub

Duffy's Irish Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's quaint an unusual, and family-run. Food choices and hours are limited so call in advance. They have pool tables, and the drive to get there is beautiful.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Every time I've been to Duffy's has been wonderful! Lorreaine always makes us feel at home, the beer is cold, the food "he" prepares above average by far and an unbeatable atmosphere!

Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stumbled across these bad reviews of Duffy's and just had to weigh in. I love this spot. I have taken many many people who come to visit me on the north coast in Astoria AWAY from Astoria just to see this place. The place is ecclectic, warm, inviting, and quiet. Lorraine is a sweetheart, (don't swear around her and don't drink your Guiness before it's ready though) and the food is excellent. If you're looking for local flavor, this is where you find it. Never ever had a bad experience in there and I hope it never changes. shhhhh.......don't go to Duffy's......stay away and leave it to those of us who love it.

1  Thank BigJimAstoria
Reviewed March 18, 2009

It was the day after St. Patty's. We're on vacation, passing through, and are very hungry. I almost drive past, because I was talking, not paying attention. Then I see the sign, absorb the exterior atmosphere and realize I'm making a mistake. So, I brake, check the rear window, back up, and pull in front, and in we go.
The menu isn't huge, and it's a little hard to grasp. Some meals are over $18 (too much for a lunch, I think) ... others much less and right in line. The waitress explains: "He (with a very Capital H in her tone) makes some meals very large ... large enough for two unless you're looking for a very big meal. If it's a light lunch you want, one of those larger meals will be more than enough for you and your wife."
So, on faith, we order corned beef and cabbage. IT WAS GREAT! Thank you Mr. He. The dish had enough corned beef for 3 of us, let alone 2 ... also, broccoli, lots of boiled potatoes with the skins on and saturated with the meat juices, a lone asparagus, a slice of tomato, another of a fresh orange, a little piece of melon, and a huge slab of the tastiest cornbread you can imagine which I split with my wife. In fact, I was full before I ate much more than half my dish (which comprised 2/3 of the huge platter) ... but, as seldom happens to me these days ... I determinedly kept going just because I couldn't bear to not take advantage of the wonderful spread. Finished it all, too, including half of my wife's piece of corn bread. I had a slice of apple pie ... not cheap at $4.00, but big and very much home made (rhubarb, others available). The basic meal was $18.75. I don't know what the tea and diet coke cost, but the entire meal was around $28.

Reviewed March 3, 2009

This "pub" is owned a run by a man who proclaims proudly in his online biography to have never had any sort of culinary training. If I had known that before being seduced by the aforementioned "Homemade Pie" sign, I would have settled for a microwaved burrito from the store a block west. And been happy about it. This was the WORST food I have ever eaten, even though I ordered what the waitress claimed was one of the most popular items on the menu. It had no relation to Irish food at all. To top it all off my pathetic lunch was $20! I ate perhaps three bites to be polite, then tried to hide the rest. Avoid this place if you value your stomach. Please.

1  Thank Minervaa

Been to Duffy's Irish Pub? Share your experiences!