“Fantastic”
Review of Bennett's - CLOSED

Bennett's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the prime rib. Delicious and medium rare. We had eaten at a lunch fish shack the chef owns earlier that day so wanted to try dinner. Very unassuming place. Great menu. Staff is very attentive and pleasant. Professional all around. DEFINATELY not a gimmick.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I had a gift certificate from our bed and breakfast stay. We had dinner at Bennett's on a Saturday evening at 5pm. I was not impressed with how long it took the staff to do things such as acknowledge us, seat us, bring our food, and then bring the check. I feel like they were understaffed.

The appetizer finally came, crab cakes & onion strings, and the onion strings were ice cold. The crab cakes were warm and delicious but the onion strings, a personal favorite of mine, were inedible. About a half hour later our main dishes arrived. I had the french dip sandwich and my husband ordered a burger. Both were good but it took so long to get our food that we weren't hungry anymore.

The server seemed too busy to pay any attention to us and we were passed over by the manager/owner many times when he was making the rounds asking everyone about their dinner. We were never asked if the food or experience was going well or what we thought. I have a feeling they were only interested in local opinion.

Another downer was the restaurant's aesthetic. There was carpet on the floor of the main dining area which was dirty. The booths were broken and the place was just dark.

Overall, decent food but not my first choice.

1  Thank Carolynn F
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good food and we enjoyed dinner but we have been there several times and the service is normally a little slow.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went twice during our summer trip to Westport - both times on a weeknight, and both nights equally crowded to my eye. We had previously eaten at the Fish Shack in Westport, but never the restaurant in Grayland.

The first visit the server was very nice, and the food arrived in good time. We had enough time to enjoy the appetizer before the meal. Everything was hot and tasted fine. The second visit was not so good. The server was again very nice. It took 1/2 hour for the appetizer to arrive (crab and artichoke dip). It took another half hour for the meal to arrive. I had the "Best of the Best Special," which was cranberry coast salad, clam chowder, and half a crab and cheddar melt sandwich. The chowder was lukewarm, and the sandwich was completely cold. I'm not sure what the difference was between the 2 nights, but the kitchen seemed to be having some problems the second night.

I've never encountered any problems like that at the Fish Shack, although they have a smaller menu. There, the food is served quickly and is always hot. I'm not sure we would return to Grayland unless it was at a time with not many other diners.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

With not a lot of choices for dining around Westport, WA, we heard about Bennett's and decided to check it out. My wife had the Pasta Primevera, I had the Captain's Platter and my daughter had the Chicken Fried Chicken. All of the food was exceptional! My wife said that the pasta primavera was probably the best she had ever eaten. My seafood was perfectly cooked. Danielle, our server, was knowledgable and friendly. Food that was supposed to be hot, was hot, food that was supposed to be cold, was cold. Great wines also.

1  Thank JosephJFuller