“A taste of Paris in Washington state wine country”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozy Rose Inn

Cozy Rose Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Grandview B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A taste of Paris in Washington state wine country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This B&B between Yakima and Prosser Washington has French decor - atleast in their Villa Vista suite. This facility is on beautiful grounds overlooking vast grape vineyards and mostly targeted to adult couples. The inn's hosts Mark, Jennie, and Christina are very friendly and make delicious breakfasts. If you haven't tried a B&B for privacy reasons, this property's suites have private entrances and breakfast is brought to your suite at 9 AM so you can eat in privacy if you wish. The bed was more comfortable than some expensive downtown Seattle hotels. If you want to experience Washington wine country, this is a great place. There are a few suitable restaurants in Prosser and more in Yakima (45 mins away) but dining can be limited in comparison to larger cities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LoveCarmel42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

The Cozy Rose is one of the nicest, cleanest, most romantic B&Bs in the land. The breakfast was outstanding, everything fresh and lovingly prepared and brought to us in bed. The room was reasonably priced for an average quainty B&B but well underpriced for the quality of room it was. The owners were helpful and steered us to an outstanding pizzeria in Prosser as well. Go there and sip wine at the Loft in Prosser and dine at Wine O'Clock. Buy a bottle of the Cab at Martinez and Martinez located in the Loft. It was idyllic all around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funmakers
Mukilteo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

What a great place to stay for a laid back, get away from it all, relaxing weekend! Our room (Secret Garden) was very nice, private patio, very comfortable king size bed, and a steam shower to boot. Great indoor/outdoor space with privacy. Mark & Jennie were so nice, helpful, and AMAZING cooks! Breakfast was great and served to our doorstep :) Thier recomendations for dinner at Wine O'Clock (you have to have the Pear Pizza) and wineries in the area were fabulous. Perfect location to enjoy all of wine country! Thank you Mark & Jennie for making our 10th Anniversary so enjoyable, we will most certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CSStevens5
Zillah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

We went for a close to home getaway for one night. I thought the Secret Garden Spa Suite sounded relaxing. It was much more than we imagined. The room was beautifully decorated and so comfortable. The steam shower and air tub were wonderful. The service was great and rooms were very clean with a private entry. The next morning the entire experience was topped off with a delicious breakfast delivered right outside our door. It was amazing! My husband and I couldn't stop raving about the food. We were close to home but we were able to lose ourselves in this relaxing, cozy place.

Room Tip: Bottom of website see more suite descriptions/pics
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mgodfrey2
Tillamook, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

The Cozy Rose is perfect! Remote and private, yet easily accessible to the main highway and countless wineries, every detail here has been attended to. The hosts are warm and effervescent, the breakfasts are so gorgeously presented that we took pictures before we ate! When we ate, the taste matched the presentation. The bed was like a cloud, the robes and towels luxurious. We entered the room to find the fireplace on, and romantic sattelite radio music playing on surround sound. We had a lovely view of the valley below: fields of hops during the day, and the twinkling lights from afar at night. Everything was immaculately clean, yet the atmosphere was relaxed and not even remotely stuffy. The room was tastefully decorated and private. I would love to make this a regular getaway! The only thing that would make me hesitate to recommend the Cozy Rose, is that I don't want it to be unavailable when I want to return! It is truly a perfect getaway!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Absolutely without a doubt 2 thumbs up!! This is the best place that my husband and I have stayed at. Neither of us have stayed at a b&b before- but I thought I would surprise him for our 3yr anniversary. I was going to originally book just one nite, but then I read the awsome rave reviews about this place and booked 2nites. We were glad that we did. It was like we were at home.  All the rooms were very private. They each have there own view.(ours we got to see the llama!)

We stayed in the secret garden room. HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS!
When we got there, we were greeted w the cutest cupcakes and fresh roses on the table.
The steam shower and jacuzzi tub does not dissapoint! The steam shower is the whole reason why I wanted this room. Talk about relaxation! Might I add that this was the highlight.

Oh my goodness- BREAKFAST! Both mornings were absolutely wonderful :) they really put alot of work and thought into the food and they make it look very appealing. We got fresh flowers and a candle w our breakfast every morning-it's surprising how just little things like that add so much appeal. The best OJ- it tasted like it was homemade and whipped to make it creamy :) ohh soo delicious!

The bed was very comfy :) There is a nice electric fireplace that kept us nice and cozy warm. They have books and magazines there. They have cable and a DVD player.  (We brought board games and cards)

We ordered a picnic basket from Mark an Jennie- They pack it all up for you, and give you real plates and fancy wine glasses. We recieved chicken wings, a dish of various cheeses and fruit, bread, crackers, a dip and smoked salmon (so good) they top it off w there cute fancy cupcakes.  I recommend it. Take it w you for a drive to a winery. A great romantic getaway! Mark gives you great recommendations to go for dinner and to wineries.

I am a total cat person, so I loved getting to know Daisy the cat-she is warm and friendly and you can tell she is well loved!
I wouldn't change anything about our weekend- thanks Mark and Jennie for your warm hospitality and making it memorable and fun!

• Stayed January 2011
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

The best B&B I've ever stayed in! and I do a lot of traveling for work. They made me feel special. I would come home after working and they would prepare me a home cooked dinner! Breakfast was unbelievable delicious...huckleberry pancakes, mmm. They even threw in a bottle of wine!
The room was gorgeous! and I stayed in one of their smaller rooms, but it was extremely spacious. Great Jacuzzi tub with lavender bath salts to relax., and they had siruis radio with speakers in the bathroom. Highly recommend the place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mepatel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandview
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Horse Heaven
Sunnyside Inn Bed and Breakfast
Rodeway Inn Sunnyside
Rodeway Inn Sunnyside
#3 of 4 in Sunnyside

Been to Cozy Rose Inn? Share your experiences!