“Good pizza”

Hometown Pizza
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Grand Coulee
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A local pizzaria near Grand Coulee Dam in central Washington. They do their food from scratch -- a welcome change from the chain pizza joints which are often found in the larger towns in this part of the state.

There are newer reviews for Hometown Pizza

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We picked up a pizza from Hometown Pizza and brought it back to our hotel. It was delicious and very unique with tasty meatballs on it! You can never be sure about pizza places when traveling but this place was recommended to us and it did not disappoint!

1  Thank eck0579
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were so excited to try this place based on it's reviews. To be honest I was excited that Coulee finally had a decent place to eat. Man were we wrong! When we walked in, the waitress and front counter girl looked bothered by having to tell us to seat ourselves and they would come over to take our order. We sat down and decided what to eat, but for starters there was a TV right over our table that was blaring Avatar on it for the whole dining room to hear. Then to my surprise, the waitress took the orders from two tables that walked in after us, without even acknowledging us. It got really bad when the table next to us sent a member of their party to the front counter to order their food, since them came in right after us. We finally had to have someone from our table go up front to order, but she had to wait for the two to stop gossiping with each other for almost 5 minutes before they even asked what she needed. During this time two of the sodas in the fountain ran out and we again had to stand in line to tell them (never actually fixed before we left). The food then took forever to come out. We had then watched 3 tables that came in after us, get their food, eat, pay and leave before our food came out. Then after our food did arrive it was super greasy and the toppings were barely there. Now I must admit that they do have a great hand stretched crust and a pretty good pesto sauce, but that is it. To my shock the other table still had no food and the waitress came over and apologized and offered to pay for their meal. Now we are getting somewhere, I thought to myself, but sadly she never even asked how our food was or spoke another word to us. After all this, we waited for 15 minutes for a check, but obviously since we had been fed, our waitress had no interest in us. I finally went up the the counter and paid, but the same waitress had the nerve to have an attitude with me when I left no tip. $47.00 for two pizzas and 4 drinks and we basically had to beg them to take our order? Stay away from this place unless you don't mind rude staff and poorly prepared pizzas.

2  Thank Jason F
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The food isn't terrible. The pizza was ok, the burgers are decent. The wait staff was somewhat rude, not terrible but I would expect better. If someone on your staff cuts themselves, I would imagine that you might ask that person to cover up all the scars? It was pretty obvious it was from cutting themselves. I don't think I would go back unless it was the only option.

Reviewed July 2, 2012