“Overnight - Aug 17/18”

Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Used this hotel due to the proximity to Maryhill Winery for a concert. It is appx 12 miles from the Winery, about a 15 minute drive.
This hotel is right off the highway with a gas station & convenience store across the street and a McDonald's next door.
Is it fancy ? no
Was the price a bit high ? Yes, but that is to be expected during a sunny concert weekend (supply & demand !)
The room was spotless. And I'm a neat freak. I check corners & tops of pictures / drapes etc.
We had a queen room on the lower floor. I could hear the people above walking, but minimal noise
The room has a microwave, and a decent sized fridge.
Room was big and included a hide-a-bed couch
Bed was extremely comfortable.
They do also include a breakfast, which is the usual
Pool was heated and clean
The staff is excellent, from checking in, the housekeeping staff and checking out... smiling and helpful
For our next concert this will be the go-to hotel !

Room Tip: Upper floor - corner
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JFishe

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I regulalry find myself in Goldendale and always stay here. Nice rooms, friendly and flexible staff. When I have to leave early or stay another night they are able to accomodate me. I haven't tried the breakfast as I leave in the morning before it opens.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. There was a shortage of electrical plug-ins which seemed odd for what appears to be a fairly new building. I had to balance the coffee maker on the sink to brew coffee. The breakfast room is totally inadaquant for the number of guests. The poor kitchen attendant could not keep the single waffle maker working and bore the wrath of several nasty albeit hungry guests. There was only two types of cold cereal. No toast etc. I managed to get a cold boiled egg and two bowls of generic Cheerios. I would only stay here if I had business in goldendale or couldn't drive further.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I will always stay here if I'm in the area.

Quality of the room & amenities as expected: basic motel stuff. Very nice outdoor pool. The place stands out because the staff are friendly, attentive, and seem to run a tight ship. I have never seen anyone work so hard in the breakfast room to keep the place clean! Constant and energetic cleaning up all morning.

Lovely mountain views from the window, too. I unexpectedly enjoyed my stay very much, despite the internet not working in my room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

It was okay but if you are just traveling through I'd suggest staying elsewhere. If you are staying in the Goldendale area it is the best option even though it is over priced. The rooms are very basic with almost no extra electrical outlets for guest use. The small out of date TV has very few channels. The is no elevator. We were unable to connect to WiFi with two different devices. When we asked the about the lack of WiFi service the reply was "there hasn't been very many complaints." Very many complaints? We reserved a nonsmoking room but got a smoking room. BUT a big plus for me was they had biscuits and gravy at breakfast! The place isn't horrible but it is over priced.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank compassNSEW
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Small room,old TV set and not many channels, noisy heater. Not much variety for free breakfast.
Mexican restaurant associated with motel, McDonalds close by. Very expensive for the area, paid mid $80,s for a small queen bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnCM_13
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Make no mistake, this is a small town hotel whose attached restaurant went out of business - BUT - the staff were great and the accomodations comfortable. I needed directions and an item for my food and they went out of their way to help me and make sure I got where I needed to go. The GM e-mailed a receipt to me and checked to be certain I received it.

The rooms are basic, but VERY clean - linens, towels, beds, and the bathroom shined! I had a good night's sleep - rare for those of us who travel and stay in different places.

There is a chain restaurant less than a block from the hotel.

If you are heading to the lovely town of Goldendale - I commend the Quality Inn to you.

Room Tip: I stayed on the main level and didn't hear ANY noise from above or beside me.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TomSahl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
#2 of 9 in The Dalles
Motel 6 The Dalles
Motel 6 The Dalles
#7 of 9 in The Dalles

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!