“Comfortable place to stay in a rural setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale

Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Roosevelt, Arizona
“Comfortable place to stay in a rural setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My sisters and I stayed here for two nights in October and we were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and clean our room was. The hotel doesn't try to be fancy, and I thought the price was comparable to other Quality Inns, no matter where they're located. We looked out our window our first day there and saw a herd of deer grazing in a nearby pasture! You don't see that every day! Our room was quiet (we were on the ground floor) and were surprised to learn the hotel had been full the night before. Our breakfast was substantial with a good selection of hot and cold food to choose from. Everyone was friendly and made us feel at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyndal S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a lower-end hotel. The room was clean with a refrigerator, microwave and t.v. Not enough power outlets, Decent night's sleep. The staff was friendly and the pool was busy. For an out-of-the way hotel, it was surprisingly full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pratt, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The lady that checked me in was very nice and very helpful plus she upgraded me to a suite. The room was clean, the water pressure was good, the towels were nice and fluffy, and the bed was comfortable. Those were the good things. The breakfast worker was extremely nice and friendly, but the breakfast was just average. It was biscuits and gravy, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffles...the usual, but for $85/night, I would expect more. I am guessing they can charge that much since people like me pay it, but it is overpriced. If I am in the area again I will look for someone else to stay unless I can get the room for less. I probably would have given the hotel 4 stars if it wasn't overpriced with a basic breakfast.

I only stayed one night, and the housekeeper knocked on my door to clean my room the morning I was checking out. I stay in hotels all the time, and it still amazes me how often I get a knock on the door the day I am checking out. I understand things happen, and it wasn't a huge deal for me to get dressed to open the door (I just got out of the shower), and she was apologetic, but it was pretty early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This room cost more than previous nights at the same chain. Odd thing since it is in the middle of nowhere. No spa. Pool was closed for the season. No bacon or sausage for breakfast. The crew was very nice. The room was average. I would guess there were 4 other rooms filled.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadDog25
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Clean, basic accommodations. Good proximity to Springhill Winery for concert nights. Expensive for what and where it is. Some rooms offer a view of Mt. Hood. Fuel and dining services nearby. Includes breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank John S
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room was clean and otherwise decent, but nothing special. The view was nice. I could see Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams along with the surrounding countryside. The room was somewhat dated looking.

I was a bit surprised that the room prices are higher than what I am paying to stay at the Parker House Hilton in Chicago next month (and I got a discounted car club rate at this property). The breakfast options were fine. There was a make-your-own waffle bar and a slow cooker full of gravy to pour over biscuits.

The check-in process was a mess. The computers were down, and check-in took well over 30 minutes for three rooms. Fortunately, the woman who handled check-ins was very friendly and handled all of this with grace and humor. When I called the motel the night before my stay to confirm my reservation, there had been an apparent mix up. I was told I was being comped into a suite, but this didn't happen. I feel this should have been honored.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the second floor have a tremendous view of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric C
seattle, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Overall, we had a nice stay. We were greeted professionally and given the kind of room we had requested in our reservation. Our room was very clean. We slept well on the firm mattresses with good bedding. The water pressure in the shower was fine and the towels were thicker then many other inns. The fridge, microwave, A/C and wifi worked well. The room is quite dated though. Our TV reception was poor on the 10+ year old TV. There weren't many outlets. (If we didn't travel with our own power strip, we'd have had a tough time with two laptops and the devices we needed to recharge.) We didn't use the pool or stay for breakfast. The room was very expensive relative to other rooms in it's class that we visited during our 11 day motorcycle road trip. It felt about $30-$40 overpriced. I'd like to see some serious updating/modernizing to the motel to bring it in line with it's rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Substrata23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
Celilo Inn
Celilo Inn
#2 of 9 in The Dalles
4.5 of 5 stars 459 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!