“Tenth time staying at the lodge...will be back again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gold Bar
Wallace Falls Lodge/BB
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gold Bar
Burlington
“Tenth time staying at the lodge...will be back again!”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was the 10th time my group of women (approx. 21) have stayed at the lodge. We come on a Thursday and stay through the weekend for a scrapbook retreat. The setting is serene and peacefull. The lodge is cozy and you immediately feel at home. The Innkeepers are caring, friendly, but also do not "hover". The food was so delicious and yummy! I would reccommend this for any group.

• Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NYC
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I stayed as part of a wedding group, and even though it was rainy and lots of slugs on the grass, and perhaps a bear in the woods, the lodge itself is amazing! It's so secluded and quiet and just plain ol' beautiful! The rooms were nice, except the 'stuffed animals' mounted - could have done without seeing it the first thing awake (with a hangover) :) The grounds of the lodge is fantastic, fire pit, dance 'hall', bbq grill and lovely porch to mountain watch. I would definitely return!

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed over night here for our son's wedding. It's a great location and all went well, however the two "restrooms" are actually in guest's rooms, which I think would make it inconvenient for the persons sleeping in those rooms. This should only be a problem during weddings or other events when folks are there who are not staying over. I suggested in a e-mail to the owners that they have the wedding parties rent a porta-potti (or built a separate bathroom). We had gone to bed early and had someone come in to use our bathroom after we had turned out lights out (and we were NOT in a room labeled "restroom". We weren't given keys to prevent this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 2, 2008

My retreat stayed for 3 nights in April 08.

Accommodation: Everyone kept commenting on how the beds were the most comfortable of any retreat center we had stayed at. Mine was superb. I had a beautiful room with mountain views. It was amazing. Every room has its own bathroom. Everything was beautifully clean and immaculate.

Innkeepers: Becca and Sam were so lovely and accommodating. Really flexible and helpful, and really polite.

Food: Quite amazing. The owner is South Indian and cooks a very authentic curry. The innkeepers also cook and the standard is very high. I grew up in a very high class italian/french restaurant so I know what I'm talking about. The food was excellent - all of it - from breakfast to dinner.

Facilities: Perfect! A huge meeting space - in the middle of the mountains. We were able to make as much noise as we wanted and we had so much fun, as well as being able to get our work done. The hot tub was a great distraction!! The campfire well-used. Marshmallows anyone?

Rental procedure: Mary was a fabulous host. She was attentive and responded to my emails and phonecalls within a few hours each time. The place was affordable and we will definitely be back.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, good food, facilities, friendy service, beautiful surroundings, moderately priced
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I rented this logde to host my wedding and have had nothing but trouble with the owner, Mary. She is incredibly rude and demanding, but worst of all, she is now trying to change the terms of the contract I signed to tack on thousands of dollars extra to our bill. We may have to resort to the legal system to get this mess sorted out. Its a beautiful place, but save yourself the trouble of dealing with the owner!!

Stayed November 2007
5 Thank jcbride
Everett
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed at Wallace Fall twice. It was a scrap book retreat.
Everything was terrific. The rooms are so comfortable and the BB is so relaxing. The couple that take care of the place are so helpful and they make you feel at home. The food is always excellent. I am a vegetarian and they prepared something special for me. Everything was clean and tidy. I will be going back in the fall again.
I am looking forward to my stay.

Stayed April 2007
Monroe Motel
#3 of 5 in Monroe
Thunderbird RV & Camping Resort
Evergreen Inn and Suites

Been to Wallace Falls Lodge/BB? Share your experiences!