“A Perfect Base for Cross Country Skiing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Mt Adams Lodge at the Flying L Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 Glenwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2013

For many years, members of the Oregon Nordic Club (a non-profit cross country ski club in Portland Oregon), have come to the Mt Adams Lodge at the Flying L Ranch for a weekend trip, as a base for cross country skiing in the Mt. Adams area. We have been very pleased with the facilities, the efforts made by the management to accommodate us, and the location. This year in January was no exception.

The Mt Adams Lodge at the Flying L Ranch provides very comfortable facilities for sleeping, relaxing, or eating. It is rare to find a place for our group that gives us everything we want in one place. We found the place clean and comfortable.

For those who do not know about the location, it is easy to get to by car from Oregon or Washington. Although we have been worried about snow conditions in the Mt Adams Recreation Area, we have found well maintained trails and adequate snow. At times, we have even been able to ski from the Lodge!

Again, I strongly recommend this place for a base for hiking or skiing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tedscheinman

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The ranch is a great place to get away from technology. The cabins are very nice and comfortable. The lodge house has a great mixture of games and books. The owner have put together several binders that explain the history of the lodge and provide great idea for thing to do in the area. We no longer have a fireplace so having a wood stove to ward off the evening chill was great. The trails around the ground are perfect for a nice evening walk after dinner. My wife and I had a very relaxing few days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CaptKeith
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I certainly did not experience any unfriendliness from the proprietors of the Mount Adams Lodge. They were both friendly and helpful in giving my wife and I information about hikes we were considering and the available places to eat in the area - as well as generally being very welcoming. The ranch itself is pretty with a disk golf course, short hiking trail, and a view directly at Mt Adams from our rooms window which was beautiful (stayed in the lodge). The breakfast was healthy and good with fresh fruit, granola, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, and fresh blueberry muffins that Tim made. They often have discounted rates mid-week and on weekends that make this place a reasonable place to stay. It is very close to Mt Adams hiking and over half the guests were planning on doing just that. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get on email to receive notice of deals there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank moveinon
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This B&B was perfect for us and our 2 dogs. Tim and Julie made us feel at home and I really wish we could've stayed longer than just a night. This place made me feel like I could bring friends and family here for a retreat, a get away, a time to reconnect with others, etc.

Pros:
Beautiful location with a variety of rooms, cottages and one outstanding log cabin.
Well marked trails - they're even marked for snowshoeing (snowmobiling?) in the winter.
Volleyball court
Marked bird watching area
Board games and books galore in the main lodge area
Our room was squeaky clean (i.e., no gross curly hairs in the bath tub)
Log cabin had a washer dryer, full kitchen, loft, fireplace with wood, huge porch, and private location.
Breakfast was very good and it appeared to us that Tim went out of his way to accommodate some other guest's dietary needs as though it was no big deal.
Tim gave us directions to a scenic area down the road that overlooked an amazing gorge.

Cons:
It's a bit of a drive from Hood River but it's a lovely drive so I'm not sure this is really a con. Maybe it's more something you need to be aware of and roll with. We even saw a cattle drive (massive herd of 15 cows - lol) along the way. Kinda fun. It helped to remind us to slow down, enjoy the ride, and just have a good time.

Room Tip: The log cabin is wonderful.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovestotravelohyeah
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from Mt. Adams Lodge at the Flying L Ranch and had an excellent weekend! The cabins are very rustic quite comfortable. They have all the amenities you "need" to get by...unless you've got an internet or Facebook addiction because that just isn't going to be an option. Tim and Julee were as nice and gracious as you could ask for in a host. They gave us great advice about where to go and what to see. Next time we'll bring our laptop to watch movies or something at night but we will return.

If you enjoy wine tasting I'd personally suggest checking out Ani Che in White Salmon and Domaine Pouillon in Lyle-both are a bit of a trip but well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed at Mt Adams lodge twice several years ago. Once was for a women's winter survival retreat put on by Julees Gorge Tours, the other was as a guest in a log cabin. I loved both experiences! The women's retreat was fun, well managed, and just a blast. The cabin was beautiful and serene. Julee and Tim were wonderful, everything was clean and comfortable. I love that there are trails right on the property to snowshoe on in the winter or walk on in the summer. I also really enjoyed the communal meals. It was nice to interact with other guests. I really hope to one day revisit the lodge.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed here with my wife for a wine tasting and dinner which was really fun. It is in a beautiful secluded wooded location with lots of outdoor activiteis nearby. I also like the place because we could keep our dog here and it is a great place for dogs. Also, it is a very historic ranch which the owners can tell you some very interesting stories about.

Room Tip: Be sure to spend a few days to enjoy the ootdoors.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt Adams Lodge at the Flying L Ranch? Share your experiences!