“Great sushi at awesome price!”
Review of Bistro Satsuma - CLOSED

Bistro Satsuma
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This sushi tasted fresh. There was more filling in the roll than rice. Staff was very friendly. We will be coming back for sure.

1  Thank dloza

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a sushi place near by. A friend recommended it, and I'm glad she did! The experience was incredible and the food, well, my words wouldn't do it justice. Let's just say, I will be going there everytime I want sushi. The sushi chef/owner has some very interesting stories as he's preparing your food, so I recommend sitting at the bar if there's a seat. He's very friendly and always a pleasure to talk to, as is all the staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I lived in Gig Harbor when it only had one stop light and even fewer good restaurants! Fast forward XX year laters. When I find a place like Satsuma it's hard to believe this is the same town I grew up in. (They really need to take the word Bistro out of the title.) I've lived in Asia and am hard to please but Satsuma is some of the best sushi I've had. Try the tempura! Mostly, the Japanese couple who own the restaurant treat my parents like royalty. There's no flash, just amazing food and gracious service. Gig Harbor, you've come a long ways!

1  Thank Marks45115
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Sushi as art, very well done. We love this place and always have a great meal here. You will love it to.

1  Thank BIGJAYGigHarbor
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I'm a huge sushi fan and have eaten at some I the best sushi restaurants in the country, from San Francisco to New York City. Bistro Satsuma is the best sushi bar in the area. The food is fresh, beautifully presented, and the staff is friendly. The Resturant is modest in decor and small but it is a wonderful place and very neighborly! I'm a regular now and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who really enjoys sushi!

1  Thank starbuckSeattle