“Friendly Service”

Spiro's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #71 of 118 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

To me service is the first thing I rate. Spiro's staff was very friendly and informative, as it was my first trip here. The Chop Chop Salad is a 'peoples favorite' and rightfully so. There is enough of two people to share. Very nice restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nothing fancy but good pizza and salads. Waitress took a while to take our order but after that she was on top of things!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of our holiday traditions is to drive around Tacoma neighborhoods looking at the holiday lights and then head over the Tacoma Narrows bridge to the quaint downtown of Gig Harbor and Spiro's Pizza and Pasta. It's worth the drive!

On our recent visit, the server had just seated 2 large parties with lots of rambunctious kids. We were grateful that she re-opened another dining room so we could relax and enjoy quiet conversation with our newly reunited family.

The menu offers a good selection of pasta, pizza and subs. You really can't go wrong no matter which way you go. My wife loves the red&white spaghetti with marinara on half and myzithra cheese on the other half. It comes with a breadstick and a big salad with lots of cheese and olives (which you can request not to be included). Curiously, they don't offer ranch dressing so my family has learned to like roquefort.

I enjoyed the pizza and salad combo. For $7.99, you can get a 7" personal cheese pizza and a salad. Toppings are extra.

Service was good. Our server had to take care of two large parties in addition to the four of us and I didn't feel like I had to wait long for our order to be taken and the food to arrive. Drinks were kept full. All in all, a good evening out.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

First let me say, they seriously need an update. The entire restaurant is void of any decorating and/or ambiance. (Carpets look to be 20 years old.) That said, we go there for their salad (it's teeming with cheese) and their home-made salad dressing. Their pizza has way too much cheese and no taste. The rest of the menu is blah.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

They got our large party in very fast, like 3 minutes, and the service was top notch. I forget her name but she knew exactly what we needed and was very friendly.