“Not at all what it once was -no longer a consideration”

Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed at the Wesley in several times over the past decade. Gig Harbour was a lovely, inspiring community. Last year we were coming thru and requested a impromptu room on our return from down south. We were very glad to secure a room - we have had a soft spot for this hotel and expected a full house -it was not & we were delighted. The foyer/reception is still inviting (after a disappointing drive thru the main drag along the water -the economy has not missed Gig Harbour -sadly shops/restaurants, if not closed, appeared that they soon will be). This should be reflected in the availability of experienced staff - strangely it was not. The desk clerk was young (read:appeared inexperienced in dealing with the public) and curt.
She clearly was not accommodating to any of the 4 request to have our room opened as the key was not working properly. At no time did she apologize or acknowledge the 20 mins. it took to actually get inside the room. We had been travelling for many hours and granted while waiting for her to attend felt like 3 times as long we were feeling again accomplished to gain access.
This is one of Best Westerns Plus offerings and by no means inexpensive. As such given the poor interaction (requests for details on facilities, use of internet...) the Wesley Inn is now demoted to average among the low average accomodations.
We will be coming thru again before the end of the year -I wish this hotel were still a consideration.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank s p
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear guest,
As you can imagine, I am very disappointed to hear about your experience here at the hotel. We are committed to our guests complete satifaction, and pride ourselves on customer service. I extremely apologize and hope that you will give The Wesley Inn & Gig Harbor another chance.

I have tried to get more information to contact you directly. However, I can't tell from the review if you were recently just a guest, or if the review is from your trip last November. I want to make sure this is not a situation that is repeating itself; if you could email me so I can make sure I am aproaching the right employee I would greatly appreciate it.
Lindsey@wesleyinn.com

Thank you for bringing this to my attention,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our room can only be described as average - our room was never made up after our first night's stay and we had to stop at the desk for fresh towels. Many apologies by a very nice staff. The room was large and had all the basics but our main complaint was that it had a rather pungent, strong, disinfectant odor which could only be lessened by use of the air conditioner. Breakfast buffet was average but adequate. Not a bad place to stay but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank meg g
WesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Meg,
It is our goal to be a special place to visit and especially above average. I am so sorry to hear you did not have that experience. Please give us another try the next time you are in the area.
Please feek free too email me so I can make sure to put you in one of our deluxe suites.

Lindsey@wesleyinn.com

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western for a friends wedding. My wife and I were very pleased with our accommodations, as our room was spacious, updated and immaculate. I used the whirlpool, for a little relaxation, and my wife enjoyed the complimentary coffe and cappuccino. The location was very central to our wedding activities, and it was possible to walk to downtown historic Gig Harbor. I will say that if you do choose to walk to town, make sure you have the energy to make the return trip uphill. It's not a small hill.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas G
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thomas,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you got a chance to explore Gig Harbor.
It is always a plus when the nice weather shows up for events like weddings, and to enjoy all the town has to offer.
When planning your next trip to the area, please contact me directly to make your reservations!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family and I recently returned home from a road trip across the United States to find that our power had been turned off! We called The Wesley Inn & Suites immediately after we found out that the power would not be turned back on until Tuesday, three days later! Not only did they give us a great price, let us keep our dog with us, but the room was beautiful and incredibly peaceful. The next day we went into the breakfast area to find a delicious breakfast, better than any we had eaten in all the many hotels we stayed in on our 3 week trip. So, if you would like to have a wonderful experience, with an amazing staff and a beautiful place to stay, Wesley Inn & Suites is the place to go! Oh... and if you live in Gig Harbor and for some odd reason your power gets shut off on a holiday weekend... what a wonderful place to spend your time waiting :)

Room Tip: We had a dog and so there are special dog rooms with tile flooring. Make sure to let the staff know...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason_ShannonF

Jason & Shannon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us, as well as get to know all the staff. I wish it were under different circumstances, but we are so glad you chose the Wesley Inn.
Dont be strangers! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Although the hotel is well off the waterfront in Gig Harbor, my room was lovely, clean and updated. The breakfast was typical and acceptable. The staff was friendly and efficient. Quiet in the evenings and over night despite being wedding and reception season. Parker the dog is a nice addition!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Frolic06

Frolic06,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your room, staff, breakfast, and even Parker! Although we are about a half mile from downtown Gig Harbor, I hope you didnt find it to inconvenient to access the town.
When planning your next trip to the area, please contact me directly.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The only thing I can say positive is they have good customer service. I stayed 12 days and was in 3 different rooms as my home was being repaired I checked out 1 day early because I could not stand another day there. Out of the 12 days my room key only worked 2 days after working 16 hours shifts I would have to call on my cell for someone to open my door also there are no blackout drapes so be prepared to go to sleep with street lights in your eyes and wake up with the sun in them also they are for sure pet friendly any size any kind any amount of pets is ok and my last room was across from a animal house. Out of the 3 rooms I was in 1 was remodeled the other 2 were quite dated and don't forget your alarm clock as the wakeup call service is not something you can count on as 1 day they 'FORGOT" and I was 2 hours late for work and don't count on using the hot tub at 9am when the pool sign says they open you will be in for a rude shock. I do have to add they are very good at saying I am sorry there are other options for hotels in Gig Harbor.

Room Tip: Hotel Murano or Marriot in Tacoma or Inn at Gig Harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cindy B

Cindy,
I want to extend my apologies to you regarding your stay with us. I know myself and my staff feel horrible you had the expereince you had. We only hope to improve from your suggestions and experience. Thank you for being so patient with us.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Although I was disappointed with my room, I had the last room available in the hotel, so I'm hoping my experience is the worst that the hotel has to offer. I ended up with a King suite, which was very large - separate sitting/work area and bedroom with jacuzzi. The entire property is smoke-free; however, my room smelled like stale cigarettes and the A/C appeared to have been broken (it was more like a fan than A/C), so it never really cooled down.

Pros: The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean The hotel is in a scenic setting (lots of greenery/grass) and is well off the highway, so it has more of a neighborhood feel than freeway/hotel/parking lot. The hotel is a very short walking distance to a few amenities (Burger King, gas stations) and within 1-2 mile walking distance of Gig Harbor shops, restaurants. There is a very scenic walk/run route that leads into Gig Harbor.

I would definitely stay at this property again if I ever return to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are more quiet that are no located on the same wing/floor as the pool and conference rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CStewy
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Cheryl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I first off want to aplogize for our non-smoking suite smelling like smoke. After doing some investagating we realized our guest that stayed in the room the night before you was a heavy smoker. Due to our availability we were unable to keep the room out of service to deep clean and air it out. Thank you for being so understanding,
Myself and my staff take pride in making our guests experience here a positive and memorable one, so even though it was not a perfect experience for you I am so thankful to hear you would return!
Please contact me directly if and when you plan your next trip to the area, and I will personally make sure you are taken care of!

Many Blessings,

Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!