We have stayed at the Wesley in several times over the past decade. Gig Harbour was a lovely, inspiring community. Last year we were coming thru and requested a impromptu room on our return from down south. We were very glad to secure a room - we have had a soft spot for this hotel and expected a full house -it was not & we were delighted. The foyer/reception is still inviting (after a disappointing drive thru the main drag along the water -the economy has not missed Gig Harbour -sadly shops/restaurants, if not closed, appeared that they soon will be). This should be reflected in the availability of experienced staff - strangely it was not. The desk clerk was young (read:appeared inexperienced in dealing with the public) and curt.
She clearly was not accommodating to any of the 4 request to have our room opened as the key was not working properly. At no time did she apologize or acknowledge the 20 mins. it took to actually get inside the room. We had been travelling for many hours and granted while waiting for her to attend felt like 3 times as long we were feeling again accomplished to gain access.
This is one of Best Westerns Plus offerings and by no means inexpensive. As such given the poor interaction (requests for details on facilities, use of internet...) the Wesley Inn is now demoted to average among the low average accomodations.
We will be coming thru again before the end of the year -I wish this hotel were still a consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just off Hwy 16 on Kimball Drive, nestled in the towering fir trees, you will find the Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites. With 82 beautiful guest rooms and suites, we focus on providing our guests with an intimate warm residential Gig Harbor experience. Combining Pacific Northwest hospitality and personalized service, the Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites offers tastefully appointed guest rooms, including some with a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. Bringing your pet? Enjoy one of our pet friendly rooms we have available on the main floor. Designed to accommodate both the business and recreational traveler, all rooms include microwave, snack refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. Amenities include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, daily morning newspaper, wireless internet, outdoor seasonal pool and spa. The Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites is also an ideal location for business and group functions. With over 5000sq ft of event space, our main conference facility accommodates groups of up to 250. For smaller gatherings, spacious boardrooms are available. Complete planning and catering services are available. Gig Harbor abounds with recreational opportunities. Shoppers will enjoy a collection of quaint shops, galleries, waterfront cafes and restaurants. Gig Harbor is a paradise for boaters, fisherman and water sports enthusiasts. Golfers can enjoy several challenging courses including Chambers Bay home of the 2015 US Open located within 15 minutes of the Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites . Nearby state parks offer miles of hiking trails, fishing, boating, beach combing and a wide range of scenic and historical points of interest. There is something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Wesley Inn & Suites Hotel Gig Harbor
- Best Western Plus Wesley Inn And Suites
- Best Western Gig Harbor
- Best Western Wesley Hotel
- Gig Harbor Best Western