“Hotel from HELL.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
“Hotel from HELL.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The only thing I can say positive is they have good customer service. I stayed 12 days and was in 3 different rooms as my home was being repaired I checked out 1 day early because I could not stand another day there. Out of the 12 days my room key only worked 2 days after working 16 hours shifts I would have to call on my cell for someone to open my door also there are no blackout drapes so be prepared to go to sleep with street lights in your eyes and wake up with the sun in them also they are for sure pet friendly any size any kind any amount of pets is ok and my last room was across from a animal house. Out of the 3 rooms I was in 1 was remodeled the other 2 were quite dated and don't forget your alarm clock as the wakeup call service is not something you can count on as 1 day they 'FORGOT" and I was 2 hours late for work and don't count on using the hot tub at 9am when the pool sign says they open you will be in for a rude shock. I do have to add they are very good at saying I am sorry there are other options for hotels in Gig Harbor.

Room Tip: Hotel Murano or Marriot in Tacoma or Inn at Gig Harbor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Cindy B
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Cindy,
I want to extend my apologies to you regarding your stay with us. I know myself and my staff feel horrible you had the expereince you had. We only hope to improve from your suggestions and experience. Thank you for being so patient with us.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Although I was disappointed with my room, I had the last room available in the hotel, so I'm hoping my experience is the worst that the hotel has to offer. I ended up with a King suite, which was very large - separate sitting/work area and bedroom with jacuzzi. The entire property is smoke-free; however, my room smelled like stale cigarettes and the A/C appeared to have been broken (it was more like a fan than A/C), so it never really cooled down.

Pros: The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean The hotel is in a scenic setting (lots of greenery/grass) and is well off the highway, so it has more of a neighborhood feel than freeway/hotel/parking lot. The hotel is a very short walking distance to a few amenities (Burger King, gas stations) and within 1-2 mile walking distance of Gig Harbor shops, restaurants. There is a very scenic walk/run route that leads into Gig Harbor.

I would definitely stay at this property again if I ever return to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are more quiet that are no located on the same wing/floor as the pool and conference rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CStewy
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Cheryl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I first off want to aplogize for our non-smoking suite smelling like smoke. After doing some investagating we realized our guest that stayed in the room the night before you was a heavy smoker. Due to our availability we were unable to keep the room out of service to deep clean and air it out. Thank you for being so understanding,
Myself and my staff take pride in making our guests experience here a positive and memorable one, so even though it was not a perfect experience for you I am so thankful to hear you would return!
Please contact me directly if and when you plan your next trip to the area, and I will personally make sure you are taken care of!

Many Blessings,

Director fo Sales and Marketing
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Only one night spent in this hotel but we could have stayed longer. Appreciated the bed without coverlet as it appeared all items were laundered. Very friendly staff who are helpful with recommendations on what to do and we loved the personal touches in the hotel including the old fishing boat hanging from the ceiling. Continental breakfast was larger and with more items than is usually found at most chains and the entire staff appeared invested in assuring a comfortable stay. Bonus: the physical therapy place, right around the corner, allows guests to work out for free. Another bonus: the grounds are immaculately kept and I was blown away with the hydrangeas all over the property.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank PaTysha
paTysha,
I want to express my gratitude for your kind words. Reviews like yours truly are inspiring to know our accomodations and details are noticed! Our team works very hard to ensure a clean and comforatable room, as well as a memorable stay!
When planning your next trip to the area please contact me directly!
Thank you!

Brunei
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Generally a OK Hotel, nothing special except close to Gig Harbor and it's surrounds. Found it to be a little dated but clean and tidy. Bed was very comfortable, room was a good size. Quite location. No elevator. The only real complaint is the window coverings are unacceptable, let in lots of light and they did not work to well. The blinds needed to be arranged manually which took some time and effort, the problem is they are to long and drag on the floor and the material is to thin. Having said that if in Gig Harbor would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank T0mS
Tom,
We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us and others. It is our team goal for guests to have a memorable experience when they are in our care.
I apologize you found the room ypu stayed in to be a bit dated. However, this is something we are well aware of with a small portion of our rooms. We are in the final stage of getting the last of the rooms updated and you happened to be in one of the.
Please contact me directly when planning your next trip to the area.

Blessing,

Ferndale, WA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was concerned about booking a room at the pet friendly Wesley Inn after reading one very harsh review in which the reviewer said that despite his request for a room that did not accomodate pets, he was put into a room with pet hair, smell, etc.
The other reviews were so great that I went ahead and booked the room. There was an opportunity in their reservation system to write them a note with any special requests, so I expressed my concerns. Imagine my surprise when I received an immediate response from Lindsay Munson, their Director of Sales & Marketing. Lindsay assured me that they honor such requests and that I need have no fear of pet hair, dander, or odor. When I checked into my suite #247, I was delighted. It was immaculately clean and very large. The living room had a desk, breakfast bar and flat screen, there was a door to shut off the bedroom, also equipped with a flat screen - and a patio!
The gym was great (closes at 8 p.m.), I didn't try the pool but it looked very nice. The breakfast was typical but I enjoyed it.
All in all, a great experience.
I

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy H
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Nancy,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of the staff and property.
I am so glad you decided to give the Wesley Inn a chance, and that we succeed in meeting your expectations. Whether its business or pleasure please contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip to area. I personally want to ensure your experience is just as good or better then the first!

Thank you so much!

DIrector of Sales & Marketing
Redlands, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A pet friendly "Best Western" well off the waterfront in Gig Harbor? "Such it up," I told my wife; it's the weekend and the price won't break the bank." We were simply not prepared to have ALL of those preconceptins dashed. The reviewer who calls this hotel fare "average" with "terrible" breakfasts must have been staying somewhere else...our room was spotless and spacious. Our reception at the main desk made us feel like family...warm gracious smiles and manner, not the least bit practiced or dismissive. And while we enjoyed our stay and our room, the next morning I went to the lobby to get our customary cup of coffee and stale roll and what did I find? A spread equal to any Inn we have visited in years...and the spread was serviced by gracious, friendly staff that must have been related to the folks at the desk from the night before. What is Best Western trying to do here in Gig Harbor? Compete with Inns that costs two or three times as much? We'll be back, and when we return we won't need to access Trip Advisor to determine where we'll stay...this was a WONDERFUL SUPRISE and gift!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mr & Mrs Dillow,
Reading your review made me want to do backflips! The staff at the Wesley Inn loves to hear when we got it right, and when someone notices! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us and other viewers your expereince!
Please contact me directly when planning your next trip to the area!

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are clean but dated and quite dark and a bit dreary. Seemed to appeal to older clientele. Some of the staff was terrific. One of the housekeeping staff cheerfully carried our bags up the stairs before we could get them upstairs. However, the fire alarm was triggered by a staff member at 3 am waking the entire hotel. No one acknowledged the inconvenience or apologized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cate,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize you felt the room was unpleasent, we are in the process of upgrading and remodeling and have not finished all the rooms. I am so glad you found all our staff cheerful!
I hope you will come visit us again, and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gig Harbor
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!