“Convenient for Gig Harbor and surrounds.”

Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Brunei
“Convenient for Gig Harbor and surrounds.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Generally a OK Hotel, nothing special except close to Gig Harbor and it's surrounds. Found it to be a little dated but clean and tidy. Bed was very comfortable, room was a good size. Quite location. No elevator. The only real complaint is the window coverings are unacceptable, let in lots of light and they did not work to well. The blinds needed to be arranged manually which took some time and effort, the problem is they are to long and drag on the floor and the material is to thin. Having said that if in Gig Harbor would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank T0mS
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Tom,
We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us and others. It is our team goal for guests to have a memorable experience when they are in our care.
I apologize you found the room ypu stayed in to be a bit dated. However, this is something we are well aware of with a small portion of our rooms. We are in the final stage of getting the last of the rooms updated and you happened to be in one of the.
Please contact me directly when planning your next trip to the area.

Blessing,

lindsey@wesleyinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ferndale, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was concerned about booking a room at the pet friendly Wesley Inn after reading one very harsh review in which the reviewer said that despite his request for a room that did not accomodate pets, he was put into a room with pet hair, smell, etc.
The other reviews were so great that I went ahead and booked the room. There was an opportunity in their reservation system to write them a note with any special requests, so I expressed my concerns. Imagine my surprise when I received an immediate response from Lindsay Munson, their Director of Sales & Marketing. Lindsay assured me that they honor such requests and that I need have no fear of pet hair, dander, or odor. When I checked into my suite #247, I was delighted. It was immaculately clean and very large. The living room had a desk, breakfast bar and flat screen, there was a door to shut off the bedroom, also equipped with a flat screen - and a patio!
The gym was great (closes at 8 p.m.), I didn't try the pool but it looked very nice. The breakfast was typical but I enjoyed it.
All in all, a great experience.
I

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy H
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Nancy,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of the staff and property.
I am so glad you decided to give the Wesley Inn a chance, and that we succeed in meeting your expectations. Whether its business or pleasure please contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip to area. I personally want to ensure your experience is just as good or better then the first!

Thank you so much!

DIrector of Sales & Marketing
Redlands, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

A pet friendly "Best Western" well off the waterfront in Gig Harbor? "Such it up," I told my wife; it's the weekend and the price won't break the bank." We were simply not prepared to have ALL of those preconceptins dashed. The reviewer who calls this hotel fare "average" with "terrible" breakfasts must have been staying somewhere else...our room was spotless and spacious. Our reception at the main desk made us feel like family...warm gracious smiles and manner, not the least bit practiced or dismissive. And while we enjoyed our stay and our room, the next morning I went to the lobby to get our customary cup of coffee and stale roll and what did I find? A spread equal to any Inn we have visited in years...and the spread was serviced by gracious, friendly staff that must have been related to the folks at the desk from the night before. What is Best Western trying to do here in Gig Harbor? Compete with Inns that costs two or three times as much? We'll be back, and when we return we won't need to access Trip Advisor to determine where we'll stay...this was a WONDERFUL SUPRISE and gift!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mr & Mrs Dillow,
Reading your review made me want to do backflips! The staff at the Wesley Inn loves to hear when we got it right, and when someone notices! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us and other viewers your expereince!
Please contact me directly when planning your next trip to the area!

Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are clean but dated and quite dark and a bit dreary. Seemed to appeal to older clientele. Some of the staff was terrific. One of the housekeeping staff cheerfully carried our bags up the stairs before we could get them upstairs. However, the fire alarm was triggered by a staff member at 3 am waking the entire hotel. No one acknowledged the inconvenience or apologized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cate,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize you felt the room was unpleasent, we are in the process of upgrading and remodeling and have not finished all the rooms. I am so glad you found all our staff cheerful!
I hope you will come visit us again, and I will make sure you are taken care of.

Grand Junction, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place looks beautiful on the outside, but the inside is just average hotel fare. Several things that struck me were how horrible the breakfasts were, there was some unidentifiable quiche type dish, you couldn't tell if it was some kind of egg or tofu and it had no flavor and they never changed it up once during the 3 days I was there. Almost every BW I've stayed in had a waffle bar, this one needs one, desperately.
They really need at least two more computer stations, they only have one and when it gets busy in the lobby, you may as well go somewhere else. The front desk manager was friendly, but seemed so overwhelmed with her work that it was clear she was strained and faking it.
If you are not a religious person be prepared, about half of the reading material in the common room is religious, clearly one-sided, and there are a lot of one-sided religious materials in the brochure area as well. Really not appropriate for this sort of business, a church yes, but not a hotel that may serve people of many faiths, unless of course you are going to offer information for affiliations other than your own.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank musictravelergj
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always like to hear what we are doing right, as well as value your suggestions for improvement. I am sorry we didnt meet your expectations with our breakfast, environment, or office center.
I hope you still found Gig Harbor a place you would return. If I can be any help in the future, please contact me directly.

lindsey@wesleyinn.com
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

First of all, we got a great deal on our room! Lindsey Munson is excellent!!
When we got our room, it had everything we could have possibly needed! There was even an iPod/iPhone dock/radio/alarm. It really was the perfect suite!
The pool area was lovely and we had such a good time out there.
Everyone who was working at the hotel was extremely kind. There was really nothing to complain about. It was a wonderful vacation experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWWesleyInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Faith,
I am so thankful you enjoyed your time here at our property. I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review that also included your own pictures!
I hope you plan to visit us again!
Please contact me directly when making reservations.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We checked in on a sunny Saturday afternoon and had a lovely one night stay. The hotel is pet friendly, and while we are dog owners , we do enjoy and expect a clean and tidy room . This hotel delivered on all fronts, and the only way I knew they were pet friendly was beacuse we noticed the dog bed in the lobby. The front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant suggestions, and we had a lovely dinner at the Morso Wine Bar. It is on the far side of town and it , overlooks the harbor. Our dinner was excellant, and Stephanies wine pairings were prefect.
The Sunday morning breakfast spread was great , and the wide variety of offerings would certainly appeal to many dietary needs. The checkout staff were very helpful, and even gave us a hand with some of our bags. We will return to this hotel, and we reccomend it to other travellers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen,
I am so glad you enjoyed Gig Harbor so much. We love sending our guests to Morso, and so glad that you had a great experience. However, we are especially excited that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would return!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.
When making reservations for your next visit to Gig Harbor, please contact me directly.

Director of Sales and Marketing
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,134 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!