“The best place in town”
Review of Brix 25

Brix 25
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix 25 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 114 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cross street: Judson
Gig Harbor, Washington
“The best place in town”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Another wedding anniversary, another really outstanding dinner, every aspect of the meal from owner/cook.

Visited March 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Fine dining in the heart of historic Gig Harbor”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I had wanted to try Brix 25 for some time. We'd walked by when on day trips to Gig Harbor, and had seen promising reviews on various travel and dining sites. Our experience was very positive, much in line with the reviews we had read. The restaurant and bar area look charming from the outside, but the dining room is a little lacking in character and decor, which made it feel just like a room full of tables. I think a little more atmosphere would add much to the overall experience. The food and wine were very good. We started by sharing a wilted arugula salad, which had a very nice mustard vinaigrette. They were kind enough to split the salad into two smaller servings, which is a nice touch for lighter eaters like my wife and I who often share appetizers and desserts. We also shared a dungeness crab and bay shrimp "cocktail". The flavors and presentation of the cocktail were very nice, though it was pretty light on the crab (maybe two nickel-sized pieces and a few other fragments). It was served on a bed of frisee or curly endive, and had a flavorful, spicy sauce. For her entree, my wife had trout, which had a fresh, mild flavor and was nicely presented. I had the filet mignon, which was a great cut of meat, fork-tender and cooked to a perfect medium-rare. A nice vanilla bean chevre cheesecake and coffee rounded out the meal. The wine list, if I recall correctly, was all domestic and Northwest-focused. Service was attentive and professional.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SEATRVLR51
Tacoma, WA
“Great service, but my food was so so”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Service was the very best! My appetizer was outstanding, had the Poached Pear & Cambozola Bruschetta. Was very small amount, but so tasty! Ordered the Smoked Salmon/ Shrimp Ravioli and was told they were out of it. Wish I had known this when the server told us the specials, because I wasn't ready to order anything else. I ordered the Pork Porterhouse. The Pork was wonderful, the dish didn't look appealing to me at all. There was a mushroom in the medley that tasted too earthy for me - so scaped them off - the mashed potatoes were boring. When I looked up their webiste it said that the Pork was on top of a crispy polenta cake, which I think would've been better. I probably will try again, but there are so many restaurants I would like to try - not sure when I would be back. If the food had only wowed me......maybe next time.

1 Thank Jilltoons
Seattle, Washington
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We celebrated our 28th Anniversary last week at Brix 25^. This was our first visit. Upon being seated we were treated to a glass of sparking wine (not Champagne as one reviewer wrote, but a touch sweeter with more flavor). It was a nice touch! The atmosphere was quite comfortable - a feeling of laid-back elegance. The pre-meal bread was served with two different butters; one a sweet, one a savory herb. They were both good.

I had the Poached Pear & Cambozola Bruschetta balsamic-honey poached pear chutney, cambozola, frisee & chopped hazelnuts on toasted crostini. This was VERY good! I enjoyed it so much, though at $10 I think it is bit overpriced. It is pictured below.

Though our steaks had to be sent back to take a bit more 'moo' out of them, the servers were wonderful. Never intrusive, and well-trained. I was impressed with how they brought out the eating utensils just before each course arrived. My (ultimately) well-done Filet Mignon was one of the tenderest 'well-done' filets I have ever eaten and the taste was equally good. I've only ever had one better at a private party...but the chef was also the owner of a beef shop!

My husband and I shared the Chocolate Torte. As a proficient dessert baker myself, I was underwhelmed. It was a small pie wedge of deep, almost too dense chocolate on a chocolate crust. The menu says brandied cherries, but I could have sworn they were blueberries. They were good. The crust almost had a stale flavor to it like a store bought cookie crust that had been in the freezer too long. Along side it we were told we would get a scoop of gelato. We chose vanilla. The scoop was not much bigger than a shooter marble. (Dessert pictured below) It was topped and seated on 2 triangles of what appeared to be, and tasted like, thin slices of white bread dried in a slow oven to be crispy but still white. Uh huh. Why? They did not enhance the dessert. We joked that I should sell them one of the decadent chocolate recipes that I have created. The gelato was very smooth and creamy, good taste...all of the 2 tiny bites we each got. Save your money on dessert. A block or so down the street on the other side is a place where you can get ice cream. Go there.

We were impressed with the solid flatware (no bendy forks, yea!) and the very nice and proper wine glasses. Too often even high end restaurants serve wine in the wrong glasses.

All in all, we did enjoy the evening. For the amount of food you received it was higher priced than some steak places...we laughed as we rememberd one of the old Wendy's commercials where a hungry Dave was sitting in an expensive restaurant facing down a plate of not much, but fancy, food.

The experience was pleasant, and it was nice to try a new place, but I don't know that we will go back.

Seattle
“Excellent service, food tastes alright but looks great.”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

First, the service was impeccable. Our server knew everything about every dish, and was quite willing to accommodate adjustments when requested. The timing of the service was well spaced, and servers were always available but never obtrusive. This is a very well-trained and friendly staff.

Now to the food. I had the white bean soup as an appetizer. It was notable for two attributes: First, the presence of what appeared to be a small hors d'oeurve in the corner of the otherwise empty bowl placed in front of me, into which the server poured the soup from a pitcher at the table. The second attribute was the notable absence of any actual beans. It was basically thick white bean flavored broth, not the Olive Garden-like hearty soup I was sort of expecting. My wife had the Pear bruschetta, and LOVED it.

I then had the Flat Iron steak as my main, requested Medium to Medium-well, my wife the filet, ordered well done. Mine came out medium rare, hers medium well, and I had to send both back. Both came back correct the next time, though, and the servers were apologetic and made sure we had some extra bread to keep us busy while we waited. Speaking of the bread, it was a focaccia like bread with two special butters: One a Mango based sweet one and the other a Sage Shallot savory one that the bread worked better with. The bread was a little too savory for the Mango butter, which on a lighter bread would have been great.

Back to the steak. It was easily the most tender Flat Iron steak I have ever had, and my wife's Filet, even well-done, was equally tender and flavorful. The mashed potatoes were properly cooked, and even the whole green beans were well-prepared. Their wine list is a good one, though a tad overpriced. They do have a good variety of wines by the glass that were reasonably priced.

We had the chocolate torte for dessert (which was comped due to them having to refire our steaks), and while it was well-prepared and the presentation was as perfect as with every other dish we had, the "scoop" of ice cream with which it comes is a sphere less than 1" in diameter, "sandwiched" between two cookies. No, that would make sense at least. It was actually sandwiched between two thin triangles of the same savory bread we had earlier. Didn't work, IMO.

The atmosphere is inviting, with just the right light and noise level. We spent just under $100 (before tip) for our dinner for two. Definitely a positive dining experience, but mostly thanks to the service.