“Would like to stay forever.....”
Review of Waterfront Inn

Waterfront Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Umatilla
“Would like to stay forever.....”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was such a treat....right on the harbor.....rooms are not large but very accomodating....when it's warm you can sit right on the dock watching the boats and birds.... when it's chilly you can open the french doors, turn on the fireplace and spend the evening staring off into "Heaven"....small seal, as well as two bald eagles and a heron kept us entertained with our morning coffee. Just a wonderful little place to visit..... would not recommend to anyone that has trouble walking up and down the step slope into the driveway...not sure if the upstairs rooms would be easier or not....and no idea what the view is from there....

Room Tip: Any of the 4 waterfront rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was one of those who discovered the charming, quaint and post-card worthy Waterfront Inn through the wonderful world of Groupon. I booked a two night stay for the "Boathouse", with a view looking directly out onto the harbor. I have to say, this was exactly what I was looking for and I had a very relaxing stay. Sue and Gary, the innkeepers, went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied -- Gary even picked me up and dropped me off at my bus/shuttle stop about two miles into town! My favorite part of the Inn was the quaint little backroom, stocked with coffee, tea, DVDs, books, magazines, and popcorn. Having freshly brewed coffee ten steps from where I awoke is always nice ;-) Bed was very comfortable; I slept like a baby. And I spent many hours lounging out on the dock, which has chairs and tables for relaxing and reading. There are kayaks to use (free of charge) as well, and the Inn is walking distance into the downtown area -- although there are a string of restaurants and breakfast places right in walking distance (you get a discount at a couple of them for staying at the Waterfront Inn) -- and a local Market that is open late, 5 minutes away (I recommend the sandwiches). All in all, if you are looking for a place to get away, Gig Harbor operates on a different wavelength than most places, one that left me recharged. When I return, I will definitely be staying at the Waterfront Inn. Highly recommended. The views alone are killer.

Room Tip: I recommend the Boathouse, where I stayed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 11Noah_P11
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Having stayed in Gig Harbor several times before this is my favorite. The location is great as you can walk to some of the places in the Gig Harbor area as this place in on the edge of the north part of the harbor. The Inn is quaint, quiet and very well kept. The innkeepers Sue and Gary are very nice and helpful a lovely couple. We chose the Admirals Suite when we stayed and the view of the Harbor from the room was excellent (see pictures). The Inn is a converted 1918 home and they did a wonderful job, we found the room to be very comfortable and relaxing. If you enjoy relaxing with a morning cup of coffee, looking out the window at a nice view and getting lost in present, this is pretty nice place to do it. We liked it so much that we are staying here again next week.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water, relax and take in the views. Walk across the street and down less than...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdohare
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a lovely place to stay...right on the bay with a gorgeous view just out our door (see my profile photo!). This was a stop-over for us on our way to Leavenworth, but we plan to visit again and stay longer. Especially liked the jacuzzi tub. I believe that Gary & Sue have kayaks to loan...we couldn't take advantage this time around, but seems like a fun idea for next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving night here in Gig Harbor at the Waterfront Inn (which I picked based on TA reviews!). Nice small inn right on the harbor. Our room was tiny but comfortable with just one window overlooking the bay. Not much to say- we had a nice night's sleep in a cozy room. We would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodford, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had three nights in this lovely inn. The first night we were in the Quartermaster Room upstairs, it is a cute room with lots of character, then the Regatta Room, ground floor, facing the harbour, gorgeous. Gary and Sue (the managers), were really friendly and helpful. We had delicious breakfasts just a short walk down the road at the Devoted Kiss, a must visit. Complementary use of the kayaks for guests was great, we got to kayak in the harbour with some seals! So glad we stayed there and we would again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stewie916
Newport Beach
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am quite fond of Waterfront vilages all over the country, and given the unusually warm weather this Fall, had the opportunity to visit the sleepy Fishing Village of 'Gig Harbor' WA. No rainfall - the sun shone brightly entire stay - rare for Seattle! I selected the 'Waterfront Inn B & B" specifically for, the historic interest involved; the home was restored to a charming Inn, once an an old 1800's local fisherman's dwelling - seated right at the foot of the sprawling Puget Sound. The natural rural beauty surrounding the Inn makes for breathtaking photos off the backyard boat-dock. There is a distinctive New England feel about the setting as well, w/ rustic Inlets and barns sprinkled about. The home itself has all the charm and quaintness you would imagine from that period; all wood flooring, charming bed quilts and furnishings, and smallish rooms - appropriate for that century. The Innkeepers, were a lovely husband & wife team, who extended a warmth seemingly consistant about the town. "Sue" was on hand to tend to your every need and I felt like I was staying in someone's home for the week - as opposed to a cold, impersonal Hotel. The only downside I could report, is that there are no "breakfast" amenities which kind of break the "bed & breakfast" format, advertised! The rates were reasonable enough for the 'shoulder-season' (139.00 a nite) however, it would have made all the difference in the world to simply add a lovely in room welcome-basket of breads or fruit, or SOMEthing in the morning - besides a coffee maker. I imagined that in the current down economy likely the Owners were wittling costs, but in the long-run I suggest, a bad move. Personal touches like these can make or break, a small business. I will return next Summer indeed, no matter......one of the MOST charming Boutique Inns I've ever visited, amongst my travels...! 'Gig Harbor (local family-run) Taxi' service is available to shuttle you to & from Inn.

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask for the room of your choice - the 'Quartermaster' is the least expen...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Maritime Inn
Maritime Inn
#3 of 5 in Gig Harbor

Been to Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!