“Fun tavern atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Tides Tavern offers the greatest house-made food and finest beverages in the western hemisphere, but only to persons over 21 years of age. Please be prepared to show I.D. The building that houses the Tides Tavern was built by Axel Uddenberg in 1910 and served the area as a general store. Located next to the "People's Dock," the town's only public ferry landing, it was called the West Side Mercantile. From that time until the present it has had a series of owners and has been several businesses. Run down and in a state of disrepair, the building was bought by Peter Stanley in 1973. After an extensive and ambitious rebuilding project, the Tides opened it's doors to the public on Saturday June 2, 1973.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped in on a day trip to Gig Harbor. The tavern has a nice view over the water and outside seating if the weather permits. The menu offers a nice variety in selections including fresh fish, burgers, salads and other sandwiches. Our food was very good and the service was very friendly and timely. It is a tavern though. No one under 21permitted. It is also not a quiet dinner spot. We will be back on other visits.

There are newer reviews for Tides Tavern

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Always one of our favorites in the Seattle area. Get a seat outside if the weather permits to enjoy the wonderful harbor veiws. We always get the Halibut and/or Salmon fish & chips. Wonderful flavor and great cole slaw too. Wide variety of specialty brews to choose from if you like a brewski or two with your seafood. The waiters and service was totally awesome and very friendly. Highly recommend this eatery if your in the Seattle area.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On a warm Sunday night in August, my husband and I decided to see what all the rave reviews were about. After eating here, we must add our excellent experience to those who have dined before us! It was later when we arrived so we found one open spot on the outdoor deck. Service was efficient and friendly. I ordered the halibut sandwich and sweet potato fries, while my husband had the fish and chips! My halibut was grilled perfectly. What an amazing flavor! The fish of the fish and chips was done in a light batter. It lived up to all the positive reviews.
I definitely suggest you dine here. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Following recommendations from TA and others, my wife and I went for a nice Saturday drive to Gig Harbor for a walk around town and lunch at the Tides Tavern. It was a lovely sunny day so that deck was very busy, but the staff was pleasant, and gave us a pager and promised a short wait, which was in fact very short indeed as we where soon seated on the deck.

Our friends recommended the fish and chips, but I was attracted to the Copper River Salmon Fish Tacos, and my wife ordered the Taco Salad with Chicken. I found the Salmon dry and and the presentation rather flat. My wife reported the Chicken was also a little dry and both our plates seemed to have been thrown together. Which to be fair, the restaurant was very busy, and our serve was doing her best to be attentive.

We are likely to try the Tides at least one more time, however, I will stick with the fish and chips.

1  Thank RickYYJ
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love the Tides Tavern! We always stop in when we visit Gig Harbor. Good food and great view of the harbor.