“Safeway deli chinese food?”
Review of Green Turtle

Green Turtle
Ranked #34 of 116 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I admit that the last time I was here was 10± years ago. It used to be phenomenal food and view. I'm happy to report that the view hasn't changed. We knew we were in trouble when the appetizer arrived. $12 beef tips were literally like the bargain teriyaki Chinese food sold at Safeway. A soupy mess that should be taken off the menu STAT. Her seafood in peanut sauce included one shrimp, two clams and salmon/halibut portions the size of my thumb. All on a bowl with lots of noodles... again a soup-like concoction.
My porkchop was thick and cooked well with a rich, thick white sauce. Finally a hit:-) we were on a diet anyway so sharing the the plate was no problem

Save your $100+ and spring for a nice meal at the mall food court

There are newer reviews for Green Turtle

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Parking is very limited (we got the last space) but were seated right away). View of Mt Rainier and the harbor truly phenomenal. We both had the tilapia with wild green salad-yummy! A bit spendy without bread to accompany but the fish was good and greens were fresh.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The food seemed overpriced and not that tasty. But sitting out on the dock and watching the sunset while gazing at Mt. Rainier. Makes up for a lot.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I think the food is quite wonderful, but I'm always enjoying the view too much to really notice. This is our family's 'special event' favorite.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We ate there for lunch and dinner. Delightful outdoor deck with wonderful view at the mouth of the harbor. Fresh wild salmon finished with a white wine mango and peach salsa... perfect for an outdoor evening. Janelle provided excellent service at lunch.