“Mixed bag, at best”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Recently dined at the Green Turtle on a warm late Spring evening. We sat out on the deck...view is lovely. Would be better if the heat lamps actually worked so that one did not fear hypothermia. It is not a good sign when the server starts out by telling you everything that is NOT available on the menu, which was mostly what we wanted to order. There seemed to be a major breakdown somewhere in service...I suspect a combination of wait staff and back of the house. We sat for long periods of time with nothing in front of us. It is hard to be harsh with a waitress who is so sweet, but she was truly an ill fit for the dining experience set forth by the Green Turtle. As for the food, my partner's $27 wild sockeye might as well have been described as "jerky" it was so ridiculously overdone. Granted, we were one of the last seatings of the evening, but take it off the menu along with all of the others. I ordered the duck and it was excellent, luckily it served us both. The wine list is short, and the wait staff is unfamiliar....she disappeared again because she did not know whether the featured wines were available by the glass or only the bottle, and when she determined by the bottle had to retreat again to give us the price. In the end, we JUST WANTED TO GO HOME. Vastly overpriced for the service and the food. I would not recommend.

2  Thank Sharlene B

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great atmosphere and food. Although on the expensive side the food is really good.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I last ate here in 2010, and I wrote a review filled with high praise. After dining here last night, I feel a need to update it. The service was fine, as were the Steamed Clam appetizers, Caesar Salad and bread. My entree of Ahi Tuna was OK at best. Thai Seafood in Peanut Sauce was what my wife ordered. After we left, she told me it was terrible, with very little seafood and even less taste. I overheard a patron at a nearby table send his steak back to the chef, claiming it was charred beyond recognition and he did not want a replacement meal. This place has questionably the best location in the harbor. You couldn't ask for a better spot. My guess is they changed chefs, as it in no way compares to the meals we had 2 years ago. Really - is this the best you can do Green Turtle? REALLY?

1  Thank pinkfloyddude2
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The setting on the water is lovely, the dining room small and charming, and the service was fine. I agree with the other reviews that the quality of the food didn't live up to the reputation or the prices. My Thai seafood and veggies were overcooked, for instance. The berry-misu dessert, however, was terrific. It would be a bonus to see Mt.Rainier over the harbor, but it happened to be clouded over the night we went.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Very disappointed with the quality of the food. The lobster cakes and the scampi were dry, no taste; the chowder had little or no seafood. The main courses were OK but not for the cost.
No pepper or salt on the table. (needed for all courses. The service was a little tacky.

1  Thank Benziedog