“Great Location and a Unique Menu”
Review of Netshed No. 9

Netshed No. 9
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A new restaurant replacing one that was very popular on the waterfront. A street sign is not up yet and they are not open in the evening. My daughter and I gave it a try. We both enjoyed our meals. The unique and limited menu will not appear to everyone but for us it was a great fit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I am sorry to see some of the early bad reviews. We live here in the harbor and have been here 3 times with kudos for each visit. Their menu is a little different, but everything we have tried so far has been good. We tried the free-tatas first. I had potatoes with mine that were nothing special and not really hot, but the rest if the meal was great. Next time I tried the pancake and absolutely loved it!! Today we both had the BLT.... It is not an ordinary BLT and it was, again, very good! It has tomato jam, onions and some cooked tomatoes. I had potatoes O'Brien while my husband a salad with his. We have had no problem at all with service and today we sat out on the deck. For someone expecting your run of the mill meal, you may not like the menu. It is a bit creative and it works. They do have a sign now, and signs on the doors.. Perhaps some of the complaints were right after they opened. Some patience may have been in order for a newly opened business. I still am working my way through the menu. Concerning a previous comment, I do not believe there is dessert. I don't feel deprived for not having any. If you get there right at lunch, you very well may have to wait. They will be full.

2  Thank jvenneberg
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband, son and I had breakfast here this morning and what a pleasant surprise! The setting is gorgeous with a beautiful outdoor deck. We tried three different dishes and shared the cinnamon rolls to start! We all had egg dishes sharing bites and had a hard time deciding whose was better! The food is creative and the flavors are wonderful! This is just what Gig Harbor has needed for those of us who want something more than just scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. I can do that at home! We will definitely go back.

1  Thank bluewaterWA
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our daughter took us and two other couples to this restaurant and recommended the chicken and waffle. What a unique combination and a delicious surprise! We asked to be seated on the deck and were enjoying the ambiance when it started to rain - really hard! Our party of 10 was quickly and expertly moved inside by the entire wait staff.

Our daughter said the place really is busy over the lunch period, so we went at 2 pm and had quick service. Other members of our group had hot chocolate and said it was the best they'd had! My wife and I had decaf coffee which was quite good - the server kept our cups filled and the fresh cream full as well. The other couples had a variety of dishes and all were pleased - no leftovers! We had their skillet of warm rolls as appetizers. Our son had their "buffalo milk" which was a mixture of white chocolate, cinnamon, and other secret ingredients. I tried it and it was excellent - I'll order that the next time!

The bottom line is that the place had flavorful dishes and the price was reasonable for a great location right on the harbor.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

When you hear of a new restaurant opening in Gig Harbor, it is always exciting. After a great workout, my mother and I decided to try the Netshed #9.
What a dissapointment! It was so bad, I decided to start taking notes!
First off, there is no sign on Harborview. If someone did not know where exactly where it was, they would pass it up. After going down the driveway, and manuvering the stairs, you come to 2 open doors. Not really sure of which to enter, we found the 'hostess desk' inside the right door. I mention the 2 doors, because after we were seated, I noticed we were not the only ones confused about where to enter.
After standing at the desk awhile, we asked if we could sit on the open deck area, (since there were numerous open tables in plain view), then the hostess said that there were no available tables for us to sit at....huh?
So we were sat at a 2 top, that shared a bench seat, with a party of 4 next to us. (I assume they were the group that left a previous review on this site). Amusingly enough, the next couple that came in after us, were seated on the DECK!
We just shook our heads and figured 'oh well'. Mom and I decided to split an egg dish called the Rio Grande Scramble. Which was scrambled eggs, Chorizo sausage, potatoes, peppers, black beans, and cheese. I asked if they could leave off the peppers, and the waitress said 'No problem'. While seated and finally getting our coffee, I found that my spoon was encrusted with someone elses food.
Then came first round of 'somethings BURNING' and a huge plume of smoke coming from the kitchen area.
So after a good 30 minutes, our food arrived. She placed the dish in front of me, and the first thing I saw was green and red peppers in the glop of gray eggs. I explained I had asked for no peppers, and the waitress replied 'he tried to pick most of the peppers out of the potatoes'. So, again, started jotting down notes... The dish itself was visually discusting, it was bland, the potatoes were undercooked, and the Chorizo - well was NOT Chorizo. It was tastless, and had no heat whatsoever.
Oh then came round two - 'SOMETHING's BURNING!!! LOL - oh my
After choking down the meal, mom and I decided the only thing good at the Netshed was the coffee. The serve Martin Henry coffee, and it was worth a refill or two.
As we caught the attention of our waitress, which we had to do throughout the whole breakfast, we finally got our check. Only to find a $2 split charge for the breakfast. I know that is common practice, but for a $9.75 plate of glop, really doesn't seem right. As we waited for our card to return...
Round three of 'SOMETHING'S BURNING' - now this time, we saw the waitresses running around, reaching over coustomers table, opening windows. Assuring them the smoke will be gone soon. Almost comical! And yes, what a big dissapointment!!!
I understand the Netshed #9 is owned by the people that also own Brix 25. The Brix is a well run establishment, with wonderful, attentive service. So I am confused by the aweful service, and almost unedible food at the Netshed #9. Needless to say, we will not be back. Too bad...