“Nice new restaurant”

Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar - Gig Harbor
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Moctezuma's is Puget Sound's premier dining destination for quality Mexican cuisine. The flavors and aromas truly come alive at our restaurants, with only the freshest ingredients selected for our guests. Well known for our Tequila Flaming Fajitas, Molcajete Mixto and wide variety of Authentic Mexican Tacos made with fresh handmade tortillas! Also, our margaritas are made with 100% agave tequila.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Moctezuma has opened a new restaurant in Gig Harbor. My husband and I have been several times and find the service and the food to always be quite good. It's a comfortable little restaurant in the Uptown area with fireplaces, a nice bar and outdoor seating when the weather permits.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I loved this restaurant before they moved...don't know what happened, but my husband and I just shared an excruciating lunch there. First of all, the music was so loud we couldn't even carry on a decent conversation. The food was under-seasoned and simply tasteless...portions were GIGANTIC. We felt bad that we left so much food on our plates, but there was no way we were going to take that mess home. The salsa for the chips tasted like they opened a can of crushed tomatoes and dumped it in the bowl. Our server was sweet, but clearly had no interest in her job...she had to come back and ask my husband what he had literally just ordered...and then she still got it wrong. The only reason I'm giving it two stars is the fact that their margaritas still rock...at least they haven't messed that up.

1  Thank mpobrennan
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I think I reviewed this last summer and was grumpy about the crowds and noise. We've come to love this place and learned to choose our times to visit. The many weekly specials are great. My favorites meals are the nicely-sized "small" Tortilla Soup, masterfully made & presented, and Tacos al Carbon, Pollo. The Mexico City Tacos are also nice. The dinner served in the traditional stone cooking bowl are expensive, huge and worth it. You'll be bringing home a box of food if you order those. Love, Love, LOVE the Acapulco Margaritas with fresh juice. We come here often and are only disappointed when there are too many other people with the same idea!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As Mexican restaurants go, Moctezumas is always good. In perspective if you are looking for anything spicy, you won't find it - as with all Mexican restaurants in the PNW, it is Americanized. But still good food and good margaritas.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friends and I were excited to see Moctezumas open again last summer as i was a semi-regular until I had to leave for Army duties. Came back home the other day & my first stop was Moctezumas. The bartender had a huge attitude problem (don't remember her name but she had dark hair) . She didn't say hi, it was a rude "i.d. please". After that, we decided to sit in a booth. The waitress who served me rolled her eyes when I asked if Coco worked tonight. Then I asked about the bartender sarah, she said "we got rid of the people who couldn't hang". My girlfriend asked if the guy who always had football on is working (think his name was Brian), the waitress' mouth dropped as if I offended her. She said "sorry, but they left, you ready to order?" Don't know what happened to those people but the staff now really need to be more personable and have better attitudes. With as much money as the owners put into the building, they should have a staff that reflects it. Just wanted to bring this to your attention as it will be a long time till I return

1  Thank greg2234

Travelers who viewed Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar - Gig Harbor also viewed

Been to Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar - Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!