“Beautiful Restaruant - Great Food!”

Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar
Ranked #16 of 120 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Moctezuma's is Puget Sound's premier dining destination for quality Mexican cuisine. The flavors and aromas truly come alive at our restaurants, with only the freshest ingredients selected for our guests. Well known for our Tequila Flaming Fajitas, Molcajete Mixto and wide variety of Authentic Mexican Tacos made with fresh handmade tortillas! Also, our margaritas are made with 100% agave tequila.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Their new restaurant in Gig Harbor is beautiful and has the true mexican feel. FYI, because they're the best in town, they're always busy. Thankfully, the service is quite good. Don't eat too many chips as the plates are huge and the food is outstanding.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This place by far is the best Mexican restaurant in Gig Harbor. We go atleast twice a month. Their service is really good the wait staff is always bringing you chip water and anything else you need. They are very friendly and know a lot about the menus.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was a cold afternoon, and we loved sitting by the fireplace. The tortilla soup and salad lunch combo was excellent, and we appreciated the happy hour drink prices all day on Sunday. The poblano enchilada, rice, and beans were good but nothing spectacular. Serive by Brent was absolutely excellent! It was a great Sunday afternoon visit, and we'll be back.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a change! The old Moctezumas restaurant, across the street, was fine. But, the new one is superb! The decor is stunning, the food seems to be even better and the service is great. It has become a real hit, with the parking lot full every day/evening, spilling over into surrounding areas. Happy Hour is fun and busy.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Visited on a Saturday evening, sat at the bar and before we even had a chance to order the female bartender was confrontational. She slammed down a corona in front of my friend, which we did not order, turned and walked away. She then returned to ask "what do you guys want" in the most rude way she could, didn't know we were inconveniencing her by visiting a half full bar. She then told my friend that if he didn't drink the corona she slammed in front of him she would throw it out, which was fine, we never ordered that. She then asked for our IDs, after providing a drink, we all offered our licenses to her, she looked them over and slammed them down on the bar, at this point we had an issue. I asked her what her problem was and why she was being so negative, she was shocked at my assessment and told me she was the nicest girl in the world, another server came by to tell me how busy they had been that day and that was the cause of her sour demeanor, only about half full at this time. After one drink we left, I would not recommend this place to anyone, service of this level is inexcusable and unacceptable

1  Thank G H
Moctez, Director of Operations at Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear guest "G H",
My name is Daniel, the Director of Operations here at Moctezuma's and I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience last Saturday at our bar. No guest should ever be treated like that and I can assure you that we will be taking measures to correct this and prevent anything like this to ever occur again. As always, our main focus is to serve high quality food, excellent customer service and an overall enjoyable dining experience. I appreciate your feedback and hope you can give us another opportunity to server you in the future.

Daniel Lara