“Love it”

Galaxy Theatre Uptown
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Gig Harbor
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is clean and has stadium seating which is great! the movie screen also plays movies in dlp so it's high def

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Really a nice, modern theater with stadium seating and comfortable seats. I liked being able to order wine for one of the theaters!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my son to the Harbor History Museum for a special presentation and then we browsed around the exhibits. He and I both enjoyed the visit. There is a lot of local artifacts and stories to engage visitors young and old.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This used to be my favorite theater to see event movies like Harry Potter, Batman, and 3D movies. But that was a few years ago.

My son and I saw Jurassic Park in 3D, or at least tried to see it. The 3D was great but the image was dark, dark enough to almost wash out the colors. A darker image typically means the projectors are using lower-wattage bulbs as a cost-cutting measure. Many theaters have been doing this for 30-40 years.

But my son received a gift card for his birthday so we decided to use it to see Godzilla in 3D. This showing was even worse than Jurassic Park. The screen was even darker (and in a movie were much of the action takes place at night, this was ridiculous. There were many scenes where you forgot the movie was in 3D because the screen was too dark to show any detail.

Worst of all, the film was slightly out of focus, something I didn't realize until the end credits came on. With or without the 3D glasses, they were out of focus. My son and I both left with headaches from the eyestrain (although before we talked we didn't realize we both had headaches--and I'm sure we weren't the only two in the audience who left with painful noggins).

There's no excuse for such carelessness and cheapness in a major theater chain, especially for not for what they charged for tickets to a 3D movie. My son and I both decided we'll never see another movie there again when there are now much better options in the Kitsap County area.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

What is there to say about a movie theater? It's clean, new, and conveniently located. Need I say more?