“Cute funky place, clean and good bang for your buck-BUT NOT IN GIG HARBOR” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments

Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments
Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
san diego
“Cute funky place, clean and good bang for your buck-BUT NOT IN GIG HARBOR”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

This place was cheap and good to stay with the children. It had a kitchen and a separate room for us. They have a huge open area behind where the kids could run around. They supplied minimal kitchen supplies, but enough to cook. The walls are a little thin so you can hear people above. It's not fancy, but worked for our needs. The only complaint we had was it was not in Gig Harbor. We had to drive to the downtown area which was about 10 minutes away. I should have looked at a map, but I took there word that a Gig Harbor address meant Gig Harbor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ourtravels_Jamul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Everywhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

We needed a place to stay for a month and did quite a bit of research before choosing the Westwynd Motel and Suites. We weren’t disappointed. We were treated so well by everyone on the staff and made to feel at home. The full kitchen was truly that. I was able to cook the meals that we love and that made things much more homey. We had plenty of closet space, a really comfy chair and couch in the living room and a sliding glass door that lead from the bedroom to a grassy area. Our dog, Yoda, particularly liked that! This hotel is a great value for everything that is included in the price.

Thanks, Lynda, Allen and the staff for making the Westwynd our “home away from home”.

Mady and David

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cliffypammy
Priest River,Id.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

After checking the price on the available lodging on the Key Pennisula and reading the reviews on Trip- Advisor , I decided to go with the Westwynd. Our main purpose was Thanksgiving with our son in Gig Harbor but there were also 2 work days involved. We were familar with the area having visited the Purdy area a few times before. At 82.80 a night (incl. tax) it was better than I expected. The rooms( we got a 1-bedroom suite) were reasonably clean and even though it is situated on a fairly busy intersection it quieted way down about 7-7:30 in the evening. You will get a full kitchen but not fully stocked, on check-in you will be informed there is a "kitchen-pack" in the room which consisted of a beat up saute pan, sauce pan, plates, cups, misc. flatware; basically the kind of stuff I would bring camping... The towels were clean and an adequate amount were provided. Check-in went just fine with the only thing my husband not being comfortable with was the fact that we had to show our driver's license which got copied...the woman said something about our security...when we checked out my husband asked if that info. could be shredded and we were shown the paper and it was shredded with no fuss. We were then asked if we wanted all our info purged from the system, for which we thanked them. Over-all I would and already have recommended this motel; just bear in mind that it is a 'cheap' hotel.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank sb02
Yucaipa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

Rooms are clean, very comfortable bed, great for a longer stay. We booked a week and received one day free for the one bed suite with full kitchen, including appliances and dishes. Towels were new and fresh. Room was very quiet, laundry room nice. Not fancy, but the homey touches inside room were nice. Would have liked a couch in living area, instead of two single beds. Extra pillows helped make the beds feel like a couch. Managers very helpful. Would stay here again.

• Liked — value, cleanliness, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — location on a busy intersection
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank CaliforniaWaldo
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

Travelers: 2 adults, 1 infant.

I booked a standard single room through the property's website and when we checked in, it was not what I expected. There was no A/C in the room, but they had a small fan running and the windows wide open. I imagine that most of the year, they have no use for A/C, but we happened to arrive for the hottest day of the year. The mattress was overly soft and seemed to sag in the middle- my husband didn't sleep very well at all. When I got up the next morning I requested more towels because the room only had 2 and I needed another for baby but they would only trade out the dirty ones for clean, not give out extras. We had to go buy a small ice chest to keep my baby's milk cool and the office was very tight with their ice and would only give me one small bucket at a time. Also, I kept stepping on sharp things in the carpet but could never find what I was stepping on when I bent down to inspect it.

I went ahead and upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite because it had A/C (in the living room only- a window unit) and we moved our stuff over. That room sleeps 6 and it was nice to have a fridge, but the rug in the living room smelled funky and the tub was so clogged with long black hair that it would hardly drain. There were plenty of towels and the beds were comfortable though, and I checked out a DSL box from the office so we had internet (slow with spotty connectivity, but good enough to check email). I'm not sure that the positives outweighed the negatives enough to make it worth the extra $25 a night for the bigger room.

I think the best thing about the Westwynd is the location. It was convenient to the highway and very close to my friend's house. If you've got a group of people that can share the cost of the suite, it would probably be worth it (although sharing one bathroom between 6 people might get hectic).

side note - I can't recommend the Flotation Device Restaurant next door to the motel- the food was ok but I thought it a bit overpriced and the service was only so-so. I highly recommend Lulu's Home Port in Home, WA (just past Key Center). Especially the clam chowder.

• Liked — location, beds in suite
  • Disliked — office staff attitude, room odor, moldy shower curtains
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
kelso
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

Thsi motel was just off the highway and easy to find. My mother and her two Italain Greyhounds and her traveling companion and I stayed for 4 nights. The rooms, two bedrooms and living room, were clean and nicley decorated and had a large TV. and DSL for our computers. The room had a full kitchen in which I baked a Wedding Cake. The kitchen came with pot and pans, dishs and grasswere and silverware. Ther was a large area for the dogs to run. I woud stay here again anytime.

• Liked — the large living space and area for he dogs
  • Disliked — no pool or hot tub
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank kelsobobbie
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Westwynd Motel a few years back and I must say, it was a total dump. We had recently heard from a close friend in the area that they had hired new management and the place had dramatically changed, so I figured what the heck. I called the motel to book my reservation and spoke to a Lynda, who was very friendly and helpful. To start with,during this trip everything that could go wrong...did! Then we arrived at the Westwynd and were very surprised. We could immediately tell the difference just from the condition of the grounds. The grass was actually green this time and although it was during the winter it was very nicely landscaped and kept up. Once we checked in, we went to our kitchen suite to be once again very surprised. Not only had the decor improved dramatically but it was actually clean. During our previous stay we were not impressed at all. The decor was very outdated (1970's) not to mention it was not clean at all. Absolutely filthy infact. Boy, what a difference. Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for the Hilton, this may not be the place for you. However, if you are looking for an affordable room that is comfy and relaxing, this is definately the place. Since it is a small motel, the rooms are not cookie-cutter like most. From what the manager told us, she decorates each room differently. They are decorated with a pacific-northwesty nautical sort of theme that is very inviting. Another difference was the housekeeping staff. They are now very friendly and were attentive to our every need. I would absolutely reccomend the Westwynd to any of my friends or family. Kudos to the new management for a job well done. I can't imagine how much work it took to make all the improvements they have, but I'm sure they will continue to do so in the future. I hope this review has helped in your decision making.

• Liked — Friendly people and great service at an affordable price.
  • Disliked — It would be a nice bonus if the motel put in a pool and or hot tub. Otherwise everything was great!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!