“Excellent all around!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beautiful decor, great service from the moment you walk in, until the moment you leave. Would recommend to anyone whether your going for a full dinner or just some wine. I will add that I ordered the sirloin bacon wrapped steak, however it was more of a roast not what I would call a sirloin, thought not what I expected still cooked very well if you like that type of meat. I highly recommend the honey almond prawns! Great dining experience, go check it out!

2  Thank Ashley n R

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My Spousal Unit (SU) and I celebrated our anniversary at this perfect gem of a restaurant. Every aspect of JW, from getting reservations to finishing our meal, was completely "Five Star".

1  Thank FightingLeprechaun
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had dinner here last month with our daughter and her husband. The review by swim54low provides a good summary of the situation here. Reservations are a must, the staff is very helpful and friendly and the wine of the night was exceptional in quality and most reasonably priced. All four of us greatly enjoyed our dinner and the desserts offered were outstanding. The chef does seem to like garlic a great deal but this was not a problem for us.
We had a most enjoyable evening and will certainly come back again if we are in Gig Harbor.

2  Thank Ohio_1931
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dined at JW for the first time visiting friends in Gig Harbor. Reservation, which is strongly recommended, was at 7:00; we arrived at 7:00 sharp and were immediately seated in a small room with only one other group in site. The entire restaurant has about ten tables so small is an overstatement of the size of the place.

Once seated we were greeted promptly and each given a sample of the wine of the day. They have an extensive wine menu, however we ended up choosing the wine special, and at $20 a bottle it was a steal; I would have expected to pay at least double for this delightful merlot.

The atmosphere was very nice; light was low and clearly pointing toward an intimate dining experience. The waiter, one of the owners, was charming and engaging, his timing was good and conversation nice.

Food was wonderful and the portions ample; it was not the best food I've ever eaten, but it was delicious none the less! Nor was it the most expensive food I've ever eaten; there are a few entrees priced around $29, but with most at the $18-$20 price point the cost is really on the low end for a fine dining experience such as this.

I would expect a restaurant this small to try to turn tables, perhaps push service to get one more seating through for the night. This was absolutely not the case; they timed every movement perfectly and we had an appropriately long evening meal with no haste what so ever.

Highly recommend JW for a lovely meal, and especially for an intimate evening with friends or romantic evening with partner.

3  Thank Swim54low
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I had 'date night' at JW a couple of weeks ago. Although small, the atmosphere is cozy and having the owner greet you at the door is great! The food was amazing and the daily wine special was good also. It is hard to find a restaurant that has great food, decent prices, and a good atmosphere - JW fits the bill on every count. We will definitely be back and you should try it out! Make sure you make reservations, though!