“Birthday Disappointment”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
“Birthday Disappointment”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have visited this restaurant three times before and had great food and service. We went Sunday evening at 6 pm to celebrate my birthday. It was not empty but it was not crowded either. We were seated right away and placed our order fairly soon after arriving. Our food did not arrive until nearly seven; there were only three in our party. The waiter was not around very often or very friendly. When he did speak it was sort of scripted- like when you call customer service for your computer. Our beverages were not refilled and the bread basket had three small pieces of bread in it, not the nice assortment of bread and flatbread like on our previous visits. The same steak dinner we have ordered the other times appeared to be at least two ounces smaller and not as tender. We decided to go elsewhere for desert and drinks, we could not wait to leave. I am not sure if we will return again.

• Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Creative, numerous, inexpensive Happy Hour selections”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've visited this restaurant once for lunch and twice for Happy Hour (called "Movie Morsels," because the restaurant is in the Uptown Shopping Center, which includes a theater complex). All were wonderful. The Happy Hour is the best in the area (and covers a long period of time). There are more selections than other places and the prices are surprisingly low. I say surprisingly because the quality is exceptional. All Movie Morsels are available all of the time, but are 1/2 price during Happy Hour (2:00 - 6:00 and 8:00 to closing). The Sherry Wine-Braised Cauliflower ($4 at Happy Hour) was so good that my friend and I contemplated ordering a second serving of it. (And I'm not normally a great fan of cauliflower.) But, we were already full from the generous portions of Pan-Braised Local Clams ($6), Apple-Currant Confit Bruschetta ($4.50) and Grilled Shrimp Skewers ($4.50). At all 3 visits we had female waitresses, who were very pleasant. The service was prompt. I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SaxonB
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lose the train wreck of a waiter.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Greenhouse has a very interesting menu with local fresh offerings and many creative dishes in a lovely setting. Becoming more and more popular, however, service seems to be slipping. Service was hit and miss with our having to remind the various servers of items not yet delivered.

In particular one very loud, unpleasantly officious waiter was a distinct minus on our recent visit. Everyone at our table was struck by his rudeness. I'm not exactly sure how you go about requesting a different waiter, but should your table be approached by this person bent on making the night more his than yours, leave immediately or request someone else. He does not get any better with time. This is my second visit to the Greenhouse during which he has been a decidedly negative factor.

I do enjoy the food here, but I can't honestly contemplate a return match with this staff member.

• Visited August 2012
port orchard
“excellent restaurant in uptown”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Had the best ribeye, tuna salad was also great. Service was very good. Ingredients are fresh.

Visited January 2012
Bellevue, Washington
“Great new addition to the growing Gig Harbor dining scene”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My in-laws took my wife and I to the Green House to celebrate our aniversary. The restaurant is part of a large re-development of a shopping center on Pt. Fosdick Rd. A multi-screen theater, upscale shopping and lots of dining options means folks on the north side of the Narrows Bridge now have many options rather than paying the toll to cross over to Tacoma for shopping and entertainment.

Let me say that our visit to the Green House was a hit all around. The atmosphere is casual with a flair, with ample outside dining as well as a cozy fireplace inside and a large bar area too. The inside space is all within the same room without much division, but the noise level was perfectly acceptable.

Our service was very attentive and everything arrived in a timely manner. I had the clam linguini, which came with what must have been a pound of fresh steamed clams still in the shell and a tasty sauce over fresh pasta. Others at our table had the beef short ribs and the prime rib, which was one of the daily specials. Everyone had good things to say about their meals. We also shared a calamari appetizer, which was perfectly prepared, as well as two desserts, which were decadent.

I definitely recommend a meal here. Best for adults, as there are other restuarants in this center that are more family friendly and look great too.

• Visited June 2012